....on behalf of The Kilties.

bill

I was sitting in section 130 and saw it happen. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I saw a friend who is a Doctor RUN to the field..........Our prayers go out from Brooklyn United Alumni Drum & Bugle. Tom Breen Director Brooklyn United Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps www.BrooklynUnited.org brooklynunited@nyc.rr.com

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kilties,

It is very hard to express my deepest sympathy for all of you at the passing of your long time friend. Your second performance on Saturday, knowing what we all knew, was without a doubt the most emotional moment I have ever witnessed as a drum corps fan. The final gesture to the heavens by the single member behind the battery at the end of the show really choked me up.

This past weekends events in Pennsylvania have really taught me just how strong the sense of family is in senior corps, not just from my own corps but from the Kilties as well.

Love and peace to you all,

We (at frontier) were all extremely saddened about this as some of us knew him, and even those of us that didnt know him, were sad. Condolences and prayers go to Kilties, the family, from all us here at Frontier.

Bill,

I just wanted to say that from one of your brothers from Northernaires, I just wanted to send out my deepest respect and sympathy to Lothar and his family!

If there is anything we can do let us know.

What a rough year!

God Bless Lothar!

God Bless Bill King!

Take care! God Bless Kilties!

Myron

PS

I will be contributing to the Joel Magnuson Fund!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I can't imagine what you all are going through in the Kiltie family, can't comprehend having this happen to our own corps or how we would deal with it.

I don't know that there is really anything of comfort that I can say, but what I can say is that this tragedy has affected me about as deeply as it can without being a member of the Kiltie family, I can't read this thread with dry eyes. I know that those of us in the Renegades were shocked to hear that this had happened to one of your members, and when we found that he had indeed passed away, there was this sad hush over the corps, we've had members & staff at Renegades that have been with Kilites before, and vice versa, and we've always enjoyed the Kilites and felt in some way connected with them.

God bless you all, and god speed to Joel Magnuson.

I never really knew Joel that closely, but I do agree with what all was said here. He certainly had a unique charm and witt that was...well, one-of-a-kind.

I can remember my times in 2001 and 2003 with the Kilties and with Joel. There were some wonderful moments and some not so wonderful moments, but overall I'm sure that Joel is one who certainly added to the mix of the experiences I had and made them what they were. Without him there, it just would not have been the same.

Now he is somewhere beyond this earth and only my Lord knows if I'll see him again. Life is truly and adventure...you just never know what will happen next.

You are and will be missed Joel. Lord willing, I'll see you on the flip side brother!

Corps have lost members over the years and some have lost members during the season but this is the first time I have heard of a corps losing a member during their show. It is definitely the first time I have witnessed the loss.

My heart goes out to not only the Kilties on the field at the time but to the entire Kiltie family both past and present.

I always knew the Kilties were a positive representation of what drum corps is and once again they prove it on and off the field.

As assistant director of the LakeShoremen (Senior) Drum & Bugle Corps I know that corps need money to keep the organization moving forward. The Kilties have it available to donate to the corps using PayPal or Credit Card from their website at http://www.kilties.org/donate.html

If each one of us donates whatever we can in memory and tribute of their fallen member it would show our support in a way that can make a difference with not only the Kilties but with the our entire drumcorps family.

Russ Braman

Northern Aurora Hornline '86-88

Northern Aurora Staff '90-93

LakeShoremen '04-05 and beyond

Thank you for sharing Joel's legacy with the DCP community.

I've never experienced an emotional moment like the one on Sat. night when the Kilties came back on the field to do their show. Everyone in the stadium was a Kiltie and everything that is good about drum corps was on display for those 15 minutes.