Thank You!

strutta

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the multitudes of friends and fans for making our DCA weekend OUTSTANDING!!!

First, we'd like to thank the fans that cheered for us and were in our corner all weekend. You guys are the best!

We'd also like to thank our brothers and sisters, the Golden Eagles. What a magnificent spread they put out to celebrate a great night of mini corps. By the time we left their hotel (about 2:30am), there was STILL plenty to eat and drink and the merriment was in full swing. Great chatting with Liz (Legal Eagle) as well. You guys ROCK!!! Thank You!!!

Thank you also to all the competing corps that we got to meet and play en masse with. It was great to see the new corps there, (especially with three corps representing the Bay State!) The level of competition this year was the best ever and every corps had to be on their game! Congratulations to the Minne-Brass on their hard fought victory! Thank you to Barb Haring, Frank Pronti and everyone at DCA for a very efficient, well run show. I'm sure Donna was smiling from on high!

Thanks so much to our family and friends with Blessed Sac! We had a great time performing for you guys and enjoyed hearing your performance just as much. You guys kick it, whether it's performing or hangin out. (You still owe us money though, for babysitting Johnny G.!)

On a personal note, I had a fantastic time meeting Jeff & Francesca DeMello, Todd Tanji, Dugadabop and Rich (I Stomp Them) Skare. It was great seeing (and of course arguing with) my boyos from Erie: Gary, Nick, Chris et al. Loved having some time with Rod and Doug and the guys from Ghost Riders. I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out more. (I'm sorry if I left anyone out. It is not intentional, I assure you.) Oh, there is also a special place in Hades for our own Mike Coulson and Frank Ponzo, Sue V, Gerry Archambault, Joe Silver and anyone else involved in totally punking me! (You guys got me good as I bought it hook, line and sinker!)

Lastly and most importantly, thank you Patrick Moran, Mike Tobin, Marty Connolly, Mike Coulson, Eddie Haywood, Kevie MacTaggert, Bill Vallee, Wayne Boyd, John Gore, Bill & Jerry Roderick, Steve & Elaine Bradley, Steve Dorgan, Dave & Cathy DuBois, Gil MacDonald, John Philbrook, Steve Spinale, Lou Campadelli, Janis Guiney, Diane Alexander and Maestro/DM Steve Conant for making this the BEST year yet for Mass Brass! You guys are the BEST group I've ever performed with and it was an honor to do so. Let's continue to get better as we look to next year! Thank you too, to all of our spouses, families and significant others for putting up with us as we do this thing we love called drum corps!

Time to turn my attentions to drying out and football season. Though I'm sure we all need a break right now, we look forward to doing it all again next year!

Thank you for reading.

Strutta

Corps Director

Mass Brass

Edited by strutta

I would like to take this opportunity to thank multitudes of friends and fans for making our DCA weekend OUTSTANDING!!!

First, we'd like to thank the fans that cheered for us and were in our corner all weekend. You guys are the best!

We'd also like to thank our brothers and sisters, the Golden Eagles. What a magnificent spread they put out to celebrate a great night of mini corps. By the time we left their hotel (about 2:30am), there was STILL plenty to eat and drink and the merriment was in full swing. Great chatting with Liz (Legal Eagle) as well. You guys ROCK!!! Thank You!!!

Thank you also to all the competing corps that we got to meet and play en masse with. It was great to see the new corps there, (especially with three corps representing the Bay State!) The level of competition this year was the best ever and every corps had to be on their game! Congratulations to the Minne-Brass on their hard fought victory! Thank you to Barb Haring, Frank Pronti and everyone at DCA for a very efficient, well run show. I'm sure Donna was smiling from on high!

Thanks so much to our family and friends with Blessed Sac! We had a great time performing for you guys and enjoyed hearing your performance just as much. You guys kick it, whether it's performing or hangin out. (You still owe us money though, for babysitting Johnny G.!)

On a personal note, I had a fantastic time meeting Jeff & Francesca DeMello, Todd Tanji, Dugadabop and Rich (I Stomp Them) Skare. It was great seeing (and of course arguing with) my boyos from Erie: Gary, Nick, Chris et al. Loved having some time with Rod and Doug and the guys from Ghost Riders. I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out more. (I'm sorry if I left anyone out. It is not intentional, I assure you.) Oh, there is also a special place in Hades for our own Mike Coulson and Frank Ponzo, Sue V, Gerry Archambault, Joe Silver and anyone else involved in totally punking me! (You guys got me good as I bought it hook, line and sinker!)

Lastly and most importantly, thank you Patrick Moran, Mike Tobin, Marty Connolly, Mike Coulson, Eddie Haywood, Kevie MacTaggert, Bill Vallee, Wayne Boyd, John Gore, Bill & Jerry Roderick, Steve Bradley, Steve Dorgan, Dave & Cathy DuBois, Gil MacDonald, John Philbrook, Steve Spinale, Lou Campadelli, Janis Guiney, Diane Alexander and Maestro/DM Steve Conant for making this the BEST year yet for Mass Brass! You guys are the BEST group I've ever performed with and it was an honor to do so. Let's continue to get better as we look to next year! Thank you too, to all of our spouses, families and significant others for putting up with us as we do this thing we love called drum corps!

Time to turn my attentions to drying out and football season. Though I'm sure we all need a break right now, we look forward to doing it all again next year!

Thank you for reading.

Strutta

Corps Director

Mass Brass

Strutta,

I'm totally verklempt, but I do agree the whole weekend was as smooth as butta!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank multitudes of friends and fans for making our DCA weekend OUTSTANDING!!!

Lastly and most importantly, thank you Patrick Moran, Mike Tobin, Marty Connolly, Mike Coulson, Eddie Haywood, Kevie MacTaggert, Bill Vallee, Wayne Boyd, John Gore, Bill & Jerry Roderick, Steve Bradley, Steve Dorgan, Dave & Cathy DuBois, Gil MacDonald, John Philbrook, Steve Spinale, Lou Campadelli, Janis Guiney, Diane Alexander and Maestro/DM Steve Conant for making this the BEST year yet for Mass Brass! You guys are the BEST group I've ever performed with and it was an honor to do so. Let's continue to get better as we look to next year! Thank you too, to all of our spouses, families and significant others for putting up with us as we do this thing we love called drum corps!

Thank you for reading.

Strutta

Corps Director

Mass Brass

Let me asssure you John, that I had NOTHING to do with that "punking" until I got a phone call from Sue while she was there with you guys. The first I knoew ANYTHING about it was when I got your voicemail....and even then, I had NO IDEA what you were talking about.

But I have to admit.....it WAS good!!!!

I'm just sorry I couldn't be there in pperson while all of that was going on!!!! LOL

Hey man.....it was great to have you over at our hotel as well.......you guys need to book the same hotel with us next year.....this way we can laugh like that the whole weekend!!!!

Talk to you soon John, and i'm looking forward to our next MCA meeting!!!

It was all good, Frank!

Unfortunately, the PA Tourism Board took our rooms this year and they went to others...oh well. I'm looking forward to the next meeting as well.

If we're back in Scranton next year, we'll definitely try to coordinate housing...we had two hotels and multiple pools on our property this year. You guys may want to upgrade to where we were...though you can't beat the proximity to the stadium you guys had.

See you soon!

Thank YOU, Strutta! ...

... for all the hard work and passion you put into the Mini-Corps activity this year.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Mass Brass and all the other fine people involved

with MCA. I believe the DCA Mini-Corps competition is going to see rapid

improvement in the upcoming years and those improvements will be a direct

result of the organization activities that are taking place right now.

Hope to see all of you again soon.

And ... Mass Brass ROCKS!!!