Now that singing has become "acceptable"

Now that singing, talking and drumspeak have become regular parts of drum corps shows that last couple of years, it got me to thinking about something. What would keep a drum corps from getting a famous singer to perform with their show? Someone like Charlotte Church or Ashlee Simpson or Aaron Carter(the only singers 21 and under I could think of at this time) , for example.

I am not saying this is something I would want to happen, but the way the trends are going, and now getting national attention with the ESPN broadcast, what's to keep it from becoming a little more marketable?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine the press reports from MTV and ESPN2. Be sure to catch Ashlee Simpsons upcoming summer tour, featuring her new backup band "THE CADETS"

Now that singing, talking and drumspeak have become regular parts of drum corps shows that last couple of years, it got me to thinking about something. What would keep a drum corps from getting a famous singer to perform with their show?

Oh, maybe living on a bus for 3 months, sleeping on a gym floor, eating meals

on a paper plate, sweat, 12 hour days, not being paid to perform, just to name a few.

this is when I leave drum corps.

~>conner

Now that singing, talking and drumspeak have become regular parts of drum corps shows that last couple of years, it got me to thinking about something. What would keep a drum corps from getting a famous singer to perform with their show? Someone like Charlotte Church or Ashlee Simpson or Aaron Carter(the only singers 21 and under I could think of at this time) , for example.

Millions of dollars.

I am not saying this is something I would want to happen, but the way the trends are going, and now getting national attention with the ESPN broadcast, what's to keep it from becoming a little more marketable?

do you have any idea how expensive that would be? and how silly it sounds??

Once the said singer(s) would see the amount of work it would take, they'd bail. On the other end, I doubt that any corps would be willing to pay a famous singer millions of dollars to tour for three months and sleep on a gym floor. I wouldn't worry too much about this happening.