Now that singing has become "acceptable"

By the same token, what would prevent a corps from hiring an extra-terrestial being from providing a self-generated light show via lights in its head, provided we can prove the ET is less than 22 years-old? Would that be fair to corps that don't have access to their own extra-terrestial beings? And what if one of their years is two of our years? Is there any rule in place that says the under-22 years rule has to be Earth years? I tell you, this sort of thing could destroy the spirit of drum corps as we know it. I say we must say "no" to ETs performing in drum corps...especially if they put on self-generated light shows. Are you with me?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see the thought process behind the worry but i would put it in the back of your mind. Charlotte for one is too busy smoking cigs and partying with my mate Girlie Gav to do this.

Is there a rule on minimum time performing with the corps before finals? If there isn't, in theory, this could happen. cant see it though......

do you have any idea how expensive that would be? and how silly it sounds??

Well now Ya Know.. :worthy: it has been stated they want to "appeal" to the MTV crowd... b**bs

Well Gwen Stefani is "using" drum corps in her songs, or I should say "bands".. :sshh: :blink:

Is this a serious topic ? How about common sense - ie: MONEY ! , How about time ?? They do have busy lives and contracts.to fufill, appearances already booked and albums to deliver to their record labels.

Oh, and singing, mic'd singing in drum corps....sorry, just cause one corps has tried it it hasnt "taken off" and been embraced and I doubt it ever will.

~amen~

~G~

Edited by GMichael1230

By the same token, what would prevent a corps from hiring an extra-terrestial being from providing a self-generated light show via lights in its head, provided we can prove the ET is less than 22 years-old? Would that be fair to corps that don't have access to their own extra-terrestial beings? And what if one of their years is two of our years? Is there any rule in place that says the under-22 years rule has to be Earth years? I tell you, this sort of thing could destroy the spirit of drum corps as we know it. I say we must say "no" to ETs performing in drum corps...especially if they put on self-generated light shows. Are you with me?

:worthy::blink::blink::blink::blink:

I've seen some dumb hypotheticals....but this topic takes the cake.

We have a WINNNAHHHH!!!!

<snip>

Well Gwen Stefani is "using" drum corps in her songs, or I should say "bands".. :sshh:  :worthy:

You should say..... :blink: Never mind - not worth the hassle!