Now that singing has become "acceptable"

Now that singing, talking and drumspeak have become regular parts of drum corps shows that last couple of years, it got me to thinking about something. What would keep a drum corps from getting a famous singer to perform with their show? Someone like Charlotte Church or Ashlee Simpson or Aaron Carter(the only singers 21 and under I could think of at this time) , for example.

I am not saying this is something I would want to happen, but the way the trends are going, and now getting national attention with the ESPN broadcast, what's to keep it from becoming a little more marketable?

Just because 2 corps " Drumspeaked" this year( and coats wasnt really a drum speak, so just 1 corps, the cadets) doesn't mean its regular lol. However I don't think any corps could get anyone famous to tour with them aLL Summer. But , what is more propable, is announcing choir auditions for certain peices of music they will be selecting.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because 2 corps " Drumspeaked" this year( and coats wasnt really a drum speak, so just 1 corps, the cadets) doesn't mean its regular lol. However I don't think any corps could get anyone famous to tour with them aLL Summer. But , what is more propable, is announcing choir auditions for certain peices of music they will be selecting.

How many choir students would really try out for a drum corps? That would probably have as much of a turn out as the woodwind category in I&E this year.

You should say.....  :worthy: Never mind - not worth the hassle!

I'm just calling it what everyone wants us to call it! "BAND".

Didn't someone say "a rose is a rose".. :blink: b**bs

this is when I leave drum corps.

~>conner

correction...you leave DCI, DCA will always be there for the common fan

Nobody said they want it to be called band.  We're just not freaking out over it...for many, many reasons.

Sure okay, I guess I forgot how many people told me to "get over it" and that that's what this is..etc...etc......and I'm not freaking out about it either, I just asked why market it as a band when it's supposed to be drum corps?

Oops..off topic.. :worthy:

By the same token, what would prevent a corps from hiring an extra-terrestial being from providing a self-generated light show via lights in its head, provided we can prove the ET is less than 22 years-old? Would that be fair to corps that don't have access to their own extra-terrestial beings? And what if one of their years is two of our years? Is there any rule in place that says the under-22 years rule has to be Earth years? I tell you, this sort of thing could destroy the spirit of drum corps as we know it. I say we must say "no" to ETs performing in drum corps...especially if they put on self-generated light shows. Are you with me?

Forgot to take your meds again, didn't you Mike?! :P

Nobody said they want it to be called band.  We're just not freaking out over it...for many, many reasons.

Yeah Steph - what Lance said! I challenge you to name 10 people here who said they wanted it called band. :::crickets:::