Most critically acclaimed show?

Phantom 1993?  I know I've heard people say they don't like '89, '96, or '03

Wow. Anyone who doesn't like PR 96 must hate drum corps, because that's about as good as it gets IMO. That horn line hurt my ears at finals, in a good way. :worthy:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's a few that I have rarely heard anyone say they disliked:

82 BD

86 BD

87 Cadets

88 SCV

89 SCV / PR :Usually prefer one over the other but do not dislike the other

91 Star

94 BD

95 Scouts

96 PR

After 96 my Drum Corps was limited, but 03 PR comes to mind

So it's probably hands down that we can all admit for Phantom Regiment 1996. I've seen people go "meh" to it, but I've never seen anyone who HATED it. so it looks like it's the universal DCI fan favorite.

So it's probably hands down that we can all admit for Phantom Regiment 1996. I've seen people go "meh" to it, but I've never seen anyone who HATED it. so it looks like it's the universal DCI fan favorite.

I wouldn't be so quick. I'm not sure a universal fan favourite can be picked, but if it can be, how do you rule out shows like Madison 95, Blue Devils 86?

whether or not people think it's the greatest show ever, i think most people at least enjoy scouts 1995 - it's hard to dislike that show... phantom 96 (and 03) has that kind of support as well.

but i don't think a showing being "critically acclaimed" would mean that everyone on DCP likes it.  a show that is critically acclaimed is one the judges (the critics) go crazy for.... for that, i'd have to say star 93, cadets 05 and cavies 02 take the cake.

'' Star 93 " ?.......Hardly. That Corps finished in 2nd place ( to the Cadets ) that year. Even with the judges. And by no means were they the fans favorite that year.

'' Star 93 " ?.......Hardly. That Corps finished in 2nd place ( to the Cadets ) that year. Even with the judges. And by no means were they the overall fan's favorite that year... or any year. SCV 89 is still the overall fan favorite and the judges favorite. They won the crowd and won with the judges in '89 and also won as the most favorite show of all time ( DCI poll ). It may not be the selection of some on here , but SCV 89 was both " critically aclaimed " and the overall fan favorite. I think that's pretty indisputable right now.

Edited by Lieut. General Effect