Hurcs Honor Guard

Not only are they one heck of an Honor Guard, honestly....my favorite of the season, but they are one CLASS ACT.

Before the Opening ceremonies on Finals night, the honor guard captain of Hurcs spent time working with one of our young honor guard folks. He explained what the young girl needed to do and why it was such an honor. You could tell the pride in his voice what doing this meant to him. What a great moment to witness...passing on important information from one generation to the next!

To the woman on the end....YOU ROCK! I've heard such wonderful and courageous stories about you from another one of your fan club up north. Well, now you have 2 fans!!! I cheered loudly when you won!

Thanks again for being a class act and congrats on your victory!

Dwayne Barnes

Carolina Gold 02-05

Thanks for the kind words.

Rich Tardie is the best-he works us hard but helps us more than I can describe.

We are all proud of our spot with the Hurricanes, and love doing what we do.

Rich has helped many in the past with flag etiquette-it's what he loves and it's one of the reasons I respect him so much.

He's also fun to party with-so don't let the stern look fool you. (Don't let him know that I let out his secret!)

Thanks to everyone in Carolina Gold for the fun time at retreat!

Have a terrrific winter-see you all in '06.