Write to ESPN

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

done.

I just wanted to thank you for airing DCI Division I championships from Foxboro, MA. As a member of a drum corps, it is nice to know that we have the support of outside sources, such as ESPN, who are willing to give recognition. Thank you for assisting DCI in "drumming up" some attention with an outside audience, to hopefully recruit some new members.

Thank you again.

Laurel K

(you like that pun in there?i'm such a dork)

Done. Great effort...thanks for the link.

Thank you for airing the Drum Corps International World Championships on ESPN2. You have done a great service to the drum corps community and also to the ESPN sports community. I am a huge sports fan and a huge drum corps fan, so to me ESPN and Drum Corps International is a perfect combination. Drum corps represents many things to many people. Of great importance, you have provided the ESPN audience to observe in drum corps many of the things that draws them to the other sporting events broadcast on the ESPN networks – fierce competitiveness, endless displays of talent and precision, incredible physical conditioning, and sheer entertainment, to name only a few. Prior to proceeding with the broadcast agreement, I am sure the ESPN team carefully reviewed the demographic data pertaining to the drum corps community. One important point that might have been missing is that the drum corps fan base is incredibly loyal, committed, and appreciative of any efforts to support this great activity. In this regard, ESPN has immensely improved its status among the drum corps community.

Just out of curiosity,

Did anyone else who sent an Email get a reply?

I received a message this morning thanking me for my Email and with the dates and times of the scheduled re-broadcasts(9/20 at 3:00 pm and 9/23 at 2:00 pm)

Edited by Bob Brady

Just out of curiosity,

I received a message this morning thanking me for my Email and with the dates and times of the scheduled re-broadcasts(9/20 at 3:00 pm and 9/23 at 2:00 pm)

I just got the same thing.

At least someone is courteous enough to send out a form letter. :P

Just out of curiosity,

I didn't recieve the email you received, but I received and immediate bounce-back email thanking me for my email, confirming my email was sent to customer service, and basically putting me on notice that they receive so many emails they can't reply to every one. I guess I don't rank. :(

At least someone is courteous enough to send out a form letter. :P

Heh, I got it too. Form letter or not, it was still a letter created only after we started writing in. That makes it personal enough, and makes me glad to see that ESPN is taking notice. :)