Famous people in Drum Corps

dcf06

I was just wondering, who is now famous marched drum corps. I heard that someone from the band Slipknot marched a corps. Any one else that you know of...

Well, I marched Cavaliers in the mid-1970s. :)

Mike (fame over fortune)

• Like 1

Karl Hunter, Saxaphone for Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - 92 VK pit.

Talkshow host/News Anchor Charles Perez marched Suncoast Sound in the mid 80s.

Las Vegas Morning News Anchor Casey Smith - Troopers

The Pilot of American Airlines flight 77 (crashed into Pentagon) Charles Burlingame didn't march corps but was a fan and attended DCI finals in 2000. Thougt I'd add this in honor of 9/11 anniversary.

I've heard rumors that Travis Barker of Blink 182 Marched Carolina Crown...

I've also heard rumors that the drummer for the Metal Band Pantera marched BD.

.......Although, I've never seen any evidence or literature to support these rumors.

If I remember correctly (He performed at DCI for a few years, and they announced it), Al Chez marched The Cadets

I know for a fact that Travis Barker did not march corps. And I'm fairly certain that neither Vinnie Paul nor any of the drummers of slipknot were ever in a corps as well. Though one of slipknots drummers does bring a marching snare out on stage on occasion...

*sigh*....again, neil peart marched in phantom.....hehehehehehe....

Ü

jan

ya knew someone had to say it.....

Neil Peart marched corps, but I am pretty sure it was in Canada and not at Phantom. I marched Regiment for 5 years and instructed there as well and there was never any mention there of it by anyone although we all knew he marched somewhere. I am pretty sure the guys I was on staff with who are his age would have said something.

OK, out of pure curiousity I searched a little on the web and found an interview with Neil Peart. I knew he never marched Regiment and as it turns out he never marched at all:

Q. Did you ever march drum corps?

Roy Flores

Miami, FL

NP: This question actually came to me through Modern Drummer a couple of years back, but with no address, so I'm hoping it will make it back to Roy through this forum. In answer to that long-ago question, no I didn't, but I have a lot of respect for the complexities of modern drum-corp playing, and of course, I started out with the same 26 rudiments they do, and sometimes use that style of playing when it suits the music.