Famous people in Drum Corps

dcf06

The drummer from Slipknot did not march corps, but has a respect for it and has said he follows it off and on.  Danny Carey from Tool did high school marching band, but chose to continue on set rather than do corps.

The drummer from Mudvayne is rumored to have marched Regiment quads at one point (had to have been late 80's or early 90's)

Never heard of Mudvayne, but I looked them up.

The guys name didn't ring a bell.

I marched late 80s, but was in the hornline so ya never know.

we practiced seperately, our quad line could have been anyone and I might not know LOL

How about the great Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong?

In 1912 he was sent to the "Colored Waifs Home" in New Orleans for shooting his father's gun off during a New Year celebration. It was there he learned to play bugle and trumpet.

No amps either.

Gang

I believe Chic Corea marched (of all things) Soprano in St Rose Scarlet Lancers.  It's mentioned during the gab sessions on the Brass Roots video.

BBS

"2006 - Project VANGUARD"

That is correct! Chick Corea marched with DCI Hall of Famer, Jim Wedge, in St. Rose's Scalet Lancers from Chelsea MA

One more to add, (I haven't seen him listed yet) is Russ McKinnon, who marched in 27th's drumline -77. Russ later went on as the percussionist for Tower of Power in the early 90's, and then toured with Barry Manilow