SCV forms winter guard

http://www.scvanguard.org/about/news.php?id=1126558711

i thought this is something they should do for a while now. it can only stregnthen their guard.

i also think they should have a indoor drumline, but that's another issue.

still, this guard will only make things better for the "new and improved" SCV 2006

Edited by Gbassman5

Fabulous!

I'm glad to see this happen. IMHO, it's long overdue.

i also think they should have a indoor drumline, but that's another issue.

I would consider going to WGI just to see SCV's cymbal line compete.

I know there are probably logistical reasons why this would be difficult (like if some of them lived in Australia or Japan and couldn't get to enough rehearsals till April or May). But can you imagine? :blink:

(Someone on another thread just educated me in the fact that WGI has some very good cymbal lines competing these days. I guess I've been missing out!)

Awesome! IIRC they had a winter guard waaaay back pre-WGI days. I believe they used to compete with A. Kingsmen.

Maggie where are you when we need varification?  :P

Yup, we did during the 70s. Our own Dan Smith (SCV Alum, Instructor and Judge) just reminded us that we went undefeated in '71 and won the CCGC then. I really have no idea though when we stopped having a Winter Guard. I was out of touch with the Corps for 10 years.

Oh, and Anaheim was our main nemisis back in those days, those girls sure could march and do great equipment work.

SCV '74

SCV74Guardmidcrpd.jpg

Anaheim '74

KingsmenWinterGuard74.jpg

Great News....Ihaven't been to a Guard show since..... um...... 1983! :worthy:

I would consider going to WGI just to see SCV's cymbal line compete.

I know there are probably logistical reasons why this would be difficult (like if some of them lived in Australia or Japan and couldn't get to enough rehearsals till April or May). But can you imagine?  :worthy:

(Someone on another thread just educated me in the fact that WGI has some very good cymbal lines competing these days.  I guess I've been missing out!)

Nahhhhh....there's SCV's line and then ther's everyone else...