Key stays at SCV

I'm not sure if anyone has started a topic on this, but I thought I should.

I am anticipating a great season for the 2006 Vanguard but have been a bit discouraged seeing all the changes in the staffing and the corps director position. After visiting the website and seeing that Key Poulan will be returning to Santa Clara to write the Horn Book again, I am a liitle more relaxed. Key is a great writer and has done some tremendous arranging for the Organization. So thats pretty cool B)

Anyone know who will be writing the percussion book now?

no.

but, in other news, they're selling their brass instruments...hmmm another change...

not that i'm aware of...

the last time they sold them was when they switched to Yamaha...

i guess i could be wrong though

Cavs have been selling their instruments after every season the past few years I believe.

no.

but, in other news, they're selling their brass instruments...hmmm another change...

Its part of being a Yamaha hornline, the contract allows them to resell the horns and purchase new ones at the end of every season. They do lose money on the deal but its not as much as they would if they were to outright buy a new set of horns every year.

I'm not sure if anyone has started a topic on this, but I thought I should.

I am anticipating a great season for the 2006 Vanguard but have been a bit discouraged seeing all the changes in the staffing and the corps director position. After visiting the website and seeing that Key Poulan will be returning to Santa Clara to write the Horn Book again, I am a liitle more relaxed. Key is a great writer and has done some tremendous arranging for the Organization. So thats pretty cool B)

Anyone know who will be writing the percussion book now?

It's a case of good news and good news. I agree he's about the best writing talent around and I'm glad he'll be back as brass arranger. The other good news is that he was NOT announced as show coordinator. I don't know why but some of the best writers, in every caption, have made some questionable decisions in programming.

Hopefully, we'll see the same good news/good news from Hawthorne.