Underrated Brass lines

AzEuph

I personally felt that Capital Regiment's brass this year was impressive. By far the hardiest book (especially for mellos) with the top 5 in front of them. Deryck Gipson is an amazing captian and hopefully he'll recieve the credit one day. Capital went from being 20th (around) to almost making it into the top 12, .1 away from Glass. That to me is quite an impressive growth.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First line I think of from this year is Crown. Wow, what a sound! Hits you like a wall.

Underrated might be a bit too strong, but don't overlook Blue Devils. I think their mediocre show disguised the fact that those horns were smoking.

Crown underrated?  Anyone who's seen Crown this season knows they are for real.

concured.

Crown's brass wasn't underrated this year... EVERYONE loves that brass line.

I think Crown of 2004 is a little underrated.

SCV 2002, Phantom 2000 (that was an underrated corps overall) Crossmen '96, Colts '95, Cavies '95.

I could go on forever.

~>conner

How about Cavaliers 2000? They finished first in every other caption that year, but were scored a full half-point behind Cadets in brass. Did the Cavaliers really sound half a point worse than the Cadets? A tenth closer, and you have a solo champion.