That's it, I'm calling it...

Of those listed in this thread, which year was the best ever?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Of those listed in this thread, which year was the best ever?

EDIT: I added a poll

I'm sitting here listening to the whole 2000 playlist on Season Pass, and I just can't see how any year could top 2000. You had:

-> Cadets and Cavies tie for 1st. It's 5 years later, and I STILL cannot decide which was better. I'll listen to/watch the Cadets and think "yep, this one's just a little bit better", and then put in the Cavies and think the same thing. Both of these shows rank in my top 5 of all time.

-> BD's amazing pit. As I'm typing this, their run at the end of the show is on. are you freakin' kidding me? Not to mention BD performing the heck out of that crazy show.

-> SCV - Adigio + the way they opened and closed = one of the most emotional shows ever. Hands down the best 4th place show in history.

-> In addition to all of this, you had Boston (definitely) and Denver (probably) put together their best shows ever, PR with some Stravinsky, Glassmen on Gershwin, Crossmen playing Caravan and Birdland....

I could go on and on, but I don't think I need to say anything else.

2000 > every other year.

Edited by Orange Roughy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the best - I hate picking "bests" of things, because i can never decide, but 2000 was definitely one of the most impressive seasons in my book - so many good shows and so many great performances!

Only off by 20 years.....

1980-Hands Down!!(IMHO of course! :) )

I totally agree. My favorite show of all time used to be Cavaliers 2000... then recently I changed my mind to Cadets 2000... and now I switch back and forth and can't decide on a true winner. And to top it off with SCV and Adagio... yeah. 2000 owned.

I think 1985 was a pretty strong year.

The more I think about it, the more i say 2005 was a great year. Even with all the controversies.

I'm with dpdc77. 1985 was the most competitive year with the best shows. YMMV, which is why we have discussion forums. That BD pit feature from 2000 is awesome, though.

Edited by tommytimp