That's it, I'm calling it...

Of those listed in this thread, which year was the best ever?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Of those listed in this thread, which year was the best ever?

Only off by 20 years.....

1980-Hands Down!!(IMHO of course! :) )

1980 gets my vote, too!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2000: great year for top 5.

not much more, IMHO. I watch 2000 ALOT, and I really enjoy the top 5 corps, but aside from that, I wasn't quite as happy with the entire season, as I am with 2002.

~>conner

2001 is close then

I'm sitting here listening to the whole 2000 playlist on Season Pass, and I just can't see how any year could top 2000.  You had:

-> Cadets and Cavies tie for 1st. It's 5 years later, and I STILL cannot decide which was better.  I'll listen to/watch the Cadets and think "yep, this one's just a little bit better", and then put in the Cavies and think the same thing.  Both of these shows rank in my top 5 of all time.

-> BD's amazing pit.  As I'm typing this, their run at the end of the show is on.  are you freakin' kidding me?  Not to mention BD performing the heck out of that crazy show.

-> SCV - Adigio + the way they opened and closed = one of the most emotional shows ever.  Hands down the best 4th place show in history.

-> In addition to all of this, you had Boston (definitely) and Denver (probably) put together their best shows ever, PR with some Stravinsky, Glassmen on Gershwin, Crossmen playing Caravan and Birdland....

I could go on and on, but I don't think I need to say anything else. 

2000 > every other year.

In the non-tick era, I agree 100%!!!

Yeah, I'm with George and Conner. 2000 is the Pamela Anderson of drum corps years: about as top-heavy as it gets. The top four of that year rank as some of my favorite shows ever, but I like other years for their depth. 1995 and 1999 had great top sevens and entertaining shows beyond that, while 2003 had great shows throughout finals, and one of my favorite shows that year in 13th. Those are my top three years every, but I like even the past two seasons over 2000.

2001 is the best year ever!!!