Troopers

Would you support The Troopers if they switched to Bb insturments and it was okay with thier members,staff,and alunim?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support The Troopers if they switched to Bb insturments and it was okay with thier members,staff,and alunim?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm for whatever helps the Troopers get higher than 23rd place.

I'd raise an eyebrow about how fiscally sound it would be to run out and buy a set of Bb's seeing that they just got a new set of G's only 2 seasons ago, but would I support them any less if they did so? Nah.

Edited by Galen

Troop got 22nd place this year, didn't they?

~>conner

I just want to get a feel for this.

Jamie

I didn't vote, but it seems to me that the judges are supposed to judge what you play and how well, not what you play it on.

And pigs fly, too.

Garry

I didn't vote, but it seems to me that the judges are supposed to judge what you play and how well, not what you play it on.

And pigs fly, too.

Garry

See. . . the thing is. . . when everyone had to fight the deficiencies of G bugles, the playing field was a bit more level.

Now, the Troopers are among the very few Div. I corps that combine (A) extremely young members with (B) bugles with so many tuning deficiencies that it takes until late July before they sound decent (not good, just decent).

Since my take on Drum Corps is that it is about (A) great experiences for the members and (B) the opportunity to succeed in competition. . . I would definitely go the Bb/F direction. . . and soon.

best,

Chuck Naffier

Edited by man of the ages

Southwind goes to King Bb instruments this year and look where they ended up this year 15th! Troopers have gotta either get on board or face the fact they will be a 20ish place corps yearly. Jim Jones would turn over in his grave if he knew The Troopers were placing so poorly.

i would support THEM but i wouldnt support the proposition

I'm for whatever helps the Troopers get higher than 23rd place.

I'd raise an eyebrow about how fiscally sound it would be to run out and buy a set of Bb's seeing that they just got a new set of G's only 2 seasons ago, but would I support them any less if they did so? Nah.

I am in 100% agreement. Do whatever it takes to get the Troopers out of the sub basement and back on the real field of competition where they belong.