School Sponsored Programs

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are exactly like the old Carolina Crown unis, only different colors.

Shane

Do you think that school sponsored corps are a viable means of saving our activity (for those that think it needs to be saved)? 

I think the idea has merit and hope it catches on. What say you?

There is a very small private circuit for drum corps on a high school level. Too bad its folding. Very DCI ish.

I believe that if you talk to most people in WGI they would agree that James_Logan High School could beat any independent world class corp almost anyday. 

Maybe not any independent world. Scott Chandler I believe led them to 8 consecutive titles, but now he's gone this year so I don't know what's going to happen.

Edited by TommySopranoContra

I don't know about guard, but that is very unlikely in percussion.  Even the top Scholastic World groups like Centerville or Avon would get stomped by groups like RX, Mystique or NorthCoast.  Listing one or two examples of scholastic lines or guards that might be able to hold their own against a few independant world groups hardly represents the norm of the activty.  Putting a high school ensemble against a college age ensemble would be completely unfair.

I was looking at the colorguard side. I only get to see percussion on a regional level usually and I deffinately don't have the expertise to critique such shows. Thanks for bringing that point to my attention.