ESPN2 Rebroadcast

My brother said he was surfing and landed on it just as it started so he watched it. Mind you he's not a fan - he said it was cool but wanted to see more shows.

I just noticed that in the broadcast intro they got the Cadets' snare drummer to march on his left foot. :P

My brother said he was surfing and landed on it just as it started so he watched it. Mind you he's not a fan -  he said it was cool but wanted to see more shows.

Bingo. He wants to see more shows. Take him to one next summer. Give him a DVD to watch or CD to listen to. He saw what we do on TV like many did. Their curiosity was peaked. Now we serious fans need to take the next step and walk these newbies through the initiation into corps fandom.

The ESPN show is just a piece in the puzzle. It's, by no means, the only tool out there to grow the activity.

Edited by 2CoolVK

First time it aired, I was at work. I was very careful to program the vcr and double check it. All I forgot to do was put in the tape! :ph34r:

Luckily, all I missed was the first twenty minutes, so I recorded the first hour on Tuesday.

I've been following drum corps for 3-4 years, so I'm half experienced and half newbie. That said, the experienced side of me didn't need to see most of the guides and explanations, but my newbie side LOVED the segment about drill writing with Gaines and the Cavaliers. That was fun to watch!

Peter