Song ideas

So a winter line I teach is doing a show based on disonance. Do any of you know any songs or composers, band literature or any genre for that matter, that would fit this theme? I'm currently looking at some David Gillingham peices, for their aggressive qualities, but they don't quite have that un-hinged feel I am looking for. In the show we were thinking about musical and visual passages going from cohesive normal chords and forms, to a twisted shattered, Bizzaro-Universe feel, and then back again. Anyone know any songs that would be able to accomplish this pretty well? Matt, you and I have pretty much identical tastes in everything :P Know anything I would like?

Edited by G-Cym

The Witch

Spirit (the drumline from Canada) did it in 1997 I think.

ECJ 1997

Bluecoats 2000

I would say either almost anything by The Greatful Dead or Frank Zappa' "Dancin' Fool"

You probably won't hear them anywhere else. :P

"Half Life of Absolution," by Pat Metheny.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for in a song, but it's got "winter drumline" written allll over it. (If you want to hear it, PM me.)

whoo hoo, a SPYE reference.  The witch, what a crazy show.  it takes a certain special something to make people leave in the middle of a show fearing that the line may really practice witch craft.  :P

Was it Pennsylvania?? I heard about that, they were quite uncomfortable with your "symbolism" on the floor.