YEA VS PEA

A performance fee of $50-$75 per game as well as admission to the game itself would be covered for each performer.

What does a NBA player get per game.......

I thing what the NBA is willing to pay to have drummers perform is just wrong.

Maybe a revolt is in order. You guys deserve atleast 6 figure saleries per season.

You can't fake THAT kind of drumming on the street.

Mom

^0^ :blink::blink:

The figures that YEA have seem appropriate.

I used to be the band director of a band from the inner city that did Grambling/Florida A & M style marching band.

We played half-time for the nets, 76'ers and even did a NY Knicks playoff game back in the mid-ninties when they were a championship contender.

We generally took in approx. $1,500 per performance, and it also helped us get in the door to appear in a Dr. Pepper commercial as well as a featured/shot on Good Day Philadelphia.

So, what we did not get in performance fees that were 6 figures we got in PR shots, and other cool gigs, that high school kids rarely get...much less us band directors.

Believe it or not...these NBA teams are not pulling in the cash MLB or the NFL are taking in.

Larry

(enjoying DC retirement)

Markiewicz

Believe it or not...these NBA teams are not pulling in the cash MLB or the NFL are taking in.

At least they still have Hockey beat :P

Seriously though it's not how much money they take in, it's how much money they have at the end (the bottom line if you will). In 94 for example (sorry, it's the only data I have), NBA teams only took in an average of 38.2 million/team whereas NFL teams took in an average of 62.6 million. However, the average bottom line for NBA teams was 6.3 million compaired to a 0.4 million loss for the NFL. Baseball had similar revenues as the NFL but was able to have 6 million profit. I'm not sure about now, but 11 years ago (I know, very old data) NBA teams were actually making more money on average than any other major sports league's teams.

Source: Financial World, May 10, 1994

Edited by boilerman_05

The figures that YEA have seem appropriate.

I used to be the band director of a band from the inner city that did Grambling/Florida A & M style marching band. 

And you did a GREAT job at Trenton Central! :P

They were not the same before you were there, and sadly they are not the same today...the band I arrange for (winds and percussion) and work with plays them in football...West Windsor-Plainsboro South

Saw BR at North Penn Saturday night...a decent start to the season. We were in class II...first time we EVER had our entire show on the field for North Penn, so we were happy.

Mike Davis