Skyliners announce their 2006 design team

Sabach? Get out.

Tell him to call me!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will

Come on down on the 20th and hang out with him and the rest of us it is going to be a party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fun starts there.

Good Luck, kids! Won't be able to make the Open House, but I'll be thinking of you. Sorry I couldn't make it to Scranton. Would have loved to see everyone. I'll be in Bayonne this weekend doing the Bridgemen dinner and open house.

HYPE! B)

• 2 weeks later...

How come there has been no announcements coming out of Sky? Everybody else seems very active... :blink:

:blink: Sometimes it's all about stealth... :huh:

:blink: Sometimes it's all about stealth... :huh:

Stealth huh.

Here's one for you. Forgive me if I get any of the names wrong; I'm old. Back around 1988 word was out on the street that the New York Skyliners weren't doing too well. I think I remember a guy named Jimmy Clemente who was a melephone player with the Skyliners coming to Hawthorne's rehearsal with the premise of joining cabs. He told Costello NY wasn't doing too well. He actually came around to a few rehearsals. Costello called Mickey Petrone, president of DCA, and warned him something was wrong with NY. Petrone called Bob Holton, Sky's Director, to check on the corps. Holton told Mickey things were going ok but they could be better. I guess Petrone didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling because he called Cos back to say things didnt look good for NY.

The Skyliners came out the first show with a completed show. Complete drill from beginning to end, with about 48 horns (back then NY's 48 horns sounded like 100 in todays sound), a massive battery that kicked A**. I think they won the next 5 shows. Their horns and drums dominated back then.

I sat back amazed at what I had seen versus what I had heard during the winter. That year NY was the ultimate in stealth. I give Holton credit for that one. New York Skyliners pulled one over on the whole drum corps community.

How come there has been no announcements coming out of Sky? Everybody else seems very active... :laugh:

I asked a friend who marched with New York last year. He said they don't plan on releasing any information and the general membership was asked to keep everything quiet. So apparently if you want to know what's going on you have to either join the corps or wait to see what they put out at the first show. I may be tempted to check out the open house to just to hear what they plan. ^0^

but Im not telling :sshh:

Interesting - I'm hoping for the Holton surprise they pulled off in the eighties.

November 20th the N. Y. Skyliners' Open House is THE place to be. You won't be disappointed. What more can I say?

Check out our website for Directions: N. Y. Skyliners - Directions to Dover A.L. Post

You can also fill out a New York Skyliner Interest Form. Once you submit this, you will get a call from the Administration to personally answer any questions that you might have, etc.

FIRE IT UP, SKY!

Doreen