Division 1 2005 CD's

How do you rate the quality of the 2005 CD's?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the quality of the 2005 CD's?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Fair
    • Poor

The fuzziness you hear from the amps is pretty much the fuzziness that they gave live, not a recording distortion.

That's because they aren't buying the good stuff... but what would I know I'm just going to school for sound.

Front ensembles are REALLY loud, and the midvoices don't come across as well as they should. The volume is better than last year, which I appreciate. It just doesn't seem to have the same depth and full ensemble sound that '03 (or what I've heard about '02) had. I'll take it though, because as some said, it HAS been worse. It's just been better, too.

I thought they were pretty strong, comparable to '04 in clarity and a little louder. i thought some of the upper brass got a little lost at times, but that's one of my few complaints. I really like what the pit sounds like. For most corps it seems to have been equaled out pretty well versus the rest of the ensemble. I think it's better than last year, but still loud enough to give the shows that extra color. I've heard the extra volume on Boston, but that's just one corps. My biggest complaint is the way the Bluecoats' amped voice gets lost in the rest of the corps. I want to hear that as clearly as I hear the Cadets' voice - which could have used a better audio setup.

I don't know that I'd quite go with 'excellent', but it's more applicable than 'good'. I really like these, and haven't stopped listening to them yet. :)

You are right on!!!  On finals night Boston was like, 'Here is our pit with the brass playing back-up!!'   <**>

That's the truth. You know, if there had been that significant of an ensemble balance problem between the battery and the horn line, I find it difficult to believe their music performance numbers would not have been significanlty impacted. Given the extreme balance problems they had in finals, their score should have tanked (which it didn't). They should be thankful they didn't finish 12th.

Edited by SkyRyder_FMM

i find the quality ok.. not as good as other years, but not as bad as 95.... i love what phantom did with paganini that year, but god, the cymbals in the climax ruin it.... i wish i saw it live :(

Or how about Scouts park and blow in Malaga, crash cymbals with brass accompaniment.