2005 INTERSERVICE ACADEMY SHOW!

All,

This year's competition will be on the morning of October 8th at 9:00am. The location is Rip Miller Field on the grounds of USNA. Currently, there are no non-DoD vehicles allowed to park on the base, but the field is just a short walk from Annapolis City Dock. Pedestrians can enter USNA with any valid ID.

Attending this year's show....

U.S. Air Force Academy "Flight of Sound"

U.S. Coast Guard Academy "Windjammers"

U.S. Naval Academy Drum & Bugle Corps

Hope to see you all there,

Jeff

Directions:

From Rt. 50 East, take Exit 24 (Rowe Blvd.)

Bear right off of exit to get on Rowe Blvd/Rt. 70

Turn left onto Taylor Ave.

Follow to top of hill, and bear right onto Rt. 450

At first stop light, take a right onto King George St.

Follow all the way to end of King George St., to USNA Gate 1

Turn right in front of Gate 1, onto Randall St.

City Dock is two blocks ahead, parking on left

Walk back to USNA Gate 1 and enter the Yard

Walk straight about 200 yds and the field is immediately on the left.

undefined ...errrr Air Force??? :ph34r:

"Sink the Army...Sink the Army...Gray"

"Shoot down the Air Force???" hmmmmm maybe not.

Go NAVY!!!

Just a reminder...

7 days left!!!

Come watch Air Force try and claim their fourth consecutive interservice championship.... watch the Naval Academy D&B defend their home turf! Watch Coast Guard play the spoiler! (seriously, folks, the U.S. Coast Guard D&B entertains a crowd like no-one else can... can't wait to see them this year!)

and....

Watch Navy perform the SCV 2004 Scheherazade closer (not a misprint...), straight from Key Poulan and Jim Casella! Horns, drums, pit.... everything except the guard... (that's next year... wink, wink)

Email me if you have any questions... (weir@usna.edu)

Thanks,

Jeff

Brian.... how about "Zap the Zoomies"?

... sorry, after surviving the monsoon, and then watching the football team come back with a buzzer beating field goal... I just woke up (Sun, 10am)... haha!

Here's what I remember (scores and captions are below)...

We started the show about 45 minutes late to wait out the wettest part of the storm. We got up-to-the-minute weather updates off of Bob Glover's cell phone web browser! The Casper Troopers took the.... wait a minute... the COAST GUARD ACADEMY "WINDJAMMERS" took the field first. They are performing a "Best of the West" theme, complete with stetsons that, when worn over full dress blues, make them a mirror image of the Troopers. Awesome! The two things that stood out in my mind about Coast Guard's show was the amazing percussion section (not sure how the number ended up that low), and a guard that sold the theme better than ever with equipment work and characterization. I mentioned it before, and I'll say it again, the Windjammers are first-class entertainers and just know how to work a crowd. If you ever get the chance, check these guys out.

The AIR FORCE ACADEMY "FLIGHT OF SOUND" took the field next and presented a show including "Sabre Dance", "Night Flight", and "Flag of Stars". I did not see much of this show, as I left the press box to help get Navy to the field. Any spectator reviews would be welcome, as all I saw was the video.

The NAVAL ACADEMY closed the show out with a bang, presenting their 2005 show including music from "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Scheherazade". I apologize in advance for the obvious bias... but we had a great show! Because I see the show pretty much every day I can't objectively comment, but suffice it to say that all sections (brass, battery, pit) were ready to rock the house. Again.... spectator reviews more than welcome!!!

Thanks to Larry Hershman, his NJA crew, and especially the 300+ fans for braving the weather!!! See you all next year in Colorado!

Navy will be performing in exhibition at the USSBA New Jersey State Championships in Union, NJ on October 30th. Come check it out!

Thanks,

Jeff

COAST GUARD: 79.60

AIR FORCE: 86.95

NAVY: 89.05

GE Vis

USCGA: 15.4

USAFA: 17.3

USNA: 17.8

GE Mus:

USCGA: 14.9

USAFA: 16.5