New Finals Week Schedule

liebot

Should help improve attendance and exposure, I think. You'll have all the D2/3 fans plus some number of other curious folks who usually only attend the D1 events but might decide to check out D2/3 since it's on the same day in the same venue and you can get in with the same ticket. Great idea, if you ask me. Besides, as an alum of an A-60 corps, I always thought it was cool to get to play in the same stadium as the big corps, even if it was nearly empty. I may be alone here, but I'd rather play for a few thousand fans rattling around in the big stadium rather than those same few thousand fans packed like sardines into a high school stadium somewhere. Too bad finals can't be at night, like it used to be, but I guess you can't have everything.

* My own little idea since the format was changed has been to have D2/3 Finals at the main venue on friday night after D1 Semis (which would be moved to step off earlier in the day). Of course, the D1 corps would never go for it, but that'd be my dream.

are the titles officially changed back? if so, i will almost miss saying "super mega grand industrial strength finals." almost.

Hehe, yeah, there was a joke about that in our corps too. We called it something to the extent of "Super duper ultra mega extra secerate double delux value meal combo finals... DX" :blink:

* My own little idea since the format was changed has been to have D2/3 Finals at the main venue on friday night after D1 Semis (which would be moved to step off earlier in the day). Of course, the D1 corps would never go for it, but that'd be my dream.

I like this idea, but what if D1 Semis were on Thursday and Quarters were on Wednesday? Then D II/III finals could be in that o-so-glorious "under the lights" timeframe on friday night and we'd finish finals week with the grand finale of D1 finals on Saturday. Of course, then Div II top 9 finals would be pushed back to Wednesday.

That would give the D1 top 12 one day in between semis and finals... I don't know what they would think of that, but I would sure like to get DII/III over with on friday. That way we can just relax, hang out and get packed on Saturday insted of having to rush around in the morning to get everything packed and ready for the show and the long haul home.

Overall, I like this new concept and look forward to marching on big boys' field, regardless of what corps I end up marching :sshh:

you arn't the only one