Dutch Boy...

I was just wondering if anyone can give some insight into how things are going over in K-W.

The forums on their website have been shut down. And I recently heard from home that they had dropped out of the local Oktoberfest festivities which they had been participating in for years.

Anyone got an update?

Just heard from a friend who was in DutchBoy winter guard. They are not flooring a guard this year, and the Dutch members are marching with Ventures.

What is going on there?

From my understanding is they are looking for a new Director of the corps.. this may have led to some problems. I dont know for sure though.

Ok, so this is what's going on to the best of my knowledge.

There has been some arguing over the direction of the corps- take what you will from that. Anyway, over the last while some particularly slanderous posts have been made on the DB forums, and it was the decision of the current administration to temporarily shut it down. As for the Oktoberfest festivities, the administration felt it best to cancel them as well, do to the appearance of a lack of commitment from the members and parents. In the past DB has had a similar problem rounding up enough bodies to perform in the parade. This year, they've opted out. Oh well.

Not to worry though, hopefully sooner then later all the management issues will be resolved and the corps can get off the ground for 2006!

As for the Winterguard. I don't think an official decision has been made on whether or not they will have an A class guard. I seem to doubt it though. I know the issue of money has been brought up in the past, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is the reason. The winterguard generally doesn't produce revenue for the organization. However, it has helped to produce one of the best colourguard's in Div III. So is money worth more then an excellent learning tool? I guess that's up to management.

Hope that helps solve the mystery for you, John.

ok, just recently, we were informed that the right people were on with the board, and that things should be going well soon, but we havent gotten much detail on that one, at least things are looking better now, lets hope they keep looking better

Are things still okay for dutch as of now? Today, KK announced their new staff and Jason Logue is the brass caption and Leigh... umm, I cant remember her last name, is the new guard caption and I know both were the captions at dutch boy? Have they just both moved on or is Dutch Boy heading in the wrong direction?

Are things still okay for dutch as of now? Today, KK announced their new staff and Jason Logue is the brass caption and Leigh... umm, I cant remember her last name, is the new guard caption and I know both were the captions at dutch boy? Have they just both moved on or is Dutch Boy heading in the wrong direction?

Both have moved on and Dutch Boy wishes them well.

Dutch Boy is doing just fine and will be having their first practise for the 2006 season on Oct. 15th.

The Great White North is getting geared up for next year. You won't believe what the corps up here have in store for you next season!!!!

You'll just have to wait and see !!! B)

Edited by ODBC

Leigh Hadjis is fantastic & she deserves a chance to move up a division. I wish her well. I hope DutchBoy can quickly pull things together. Canada cannot afford to lose any more corps! :(