What All-Girl Corps should come back into DCA?

What former Jr All-Girl Corps would you like to see as a DCA Corps?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Corps

• Ventures
    • Les Chatelaines
    • St. Ignatius
    • Audobon Bon Bons
    • Catholic Daughters of America
    • St. John's Girls
    • Mello Dears
    • CapitolAires
    • Fire-ettes
    • Nee-Hi's
    • Jeanettes
    • Alpine Girls
    • Suburbanettes
    • Arbella
    • Socialites
    • Royaleer Mounties
    • Others

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO i don't think of a long gone junior corps coming over to DCA and managing to be a contender.

again ~ just my opinion.

Being from Wildwood, NJ, I grew up watching and loving the Bon Bon Girls of Audobon. I believe they won at least one national championship and even beat a lot of the Big Boys at one time or other. (Though I can't remember the show(s)).

I also vividly remember the incredible power of their hornline. Back then, the chauvinist in me thought, "This CAN'T be an all-girl corps!" They put almost all of the other all-girl corps to shame.

Also, I have to mention my beautiful ladies from Racine, Wisc., since they weren't on this poll: The NEW DAY and their little sisters, THE NEW DAWN. :ph34r: I was their horn instructor and corps director for a very short time. If any of you ladies are reading this, please e-mail me and say hi. I miss you guys! :)

Thom B)

thom@thewildwoodsreporter.com

TheWildwoodsReporter.com

It’s unfortunate that the 2-time…1969 & 1970 World Open Champions… The NDettes, of CT, were left off the list of choices. Some of those that are listed actually backed out of a head-to-head against them.

These kick butt ladies have my vote, and there’re just as talented 35 years later as members of an Alumni Corps. :ph34r::ph34r:

I’ve watched today’s DCA….one might question if it should even be considered Drum Corps (the structure, not the talented individuals)…just my opinion.

It’s unfortunate that the 2-time…1969 & 1970 World Open Champions… The NDettes, of CT, were left off the list of choices. Some of those that are listed actually backed out of a head-to-head against them.

These kick butt ladies have my vote, and there’re just as talented 35 years later as members of an Alumni Corps. :ph34r::ph34r:

I’ve watched today’s DCA….one might question if it should even be considered Drum Corps (the structure, not the talented individuals)…just my opinion.

Calm down, I'm sure it was just an oversight that you were left off the list. No need to then gratutiously slap down your former competition of over 30 years ago and then gratitiously slap DCA.

In any case, I guess my vote would to for the Bon Bons. In their day, they competed and won against the highest level of junior corps. :)

Calm down, I'm sure it was just an oversight that you were left off the list. No need to then gratutiously slap down your former competition of over 30 years ago and then gratitiously slap DCA.

In any case, I guess my vote would to for the Bon Bons. In their day, they competed and won against the highest level of junior corps. :)

C'mon... I've never seen any one gratutiously (sic) slapped... it could be cool.

(aside... DCP seriously needs spell-check)