Favorite Div 2 Show in 05

I didn't get to see a ton of shows this summer, but I did hear bits and pieces from the sidelines/gate a lot of times. And as far as visual programs, I really only got glimpses from the side/back. Here are some impressions from what I did catch

Oregon...definitely a great sounding hornline. We performed near them (before/after) on several occasions. There was definitely an element of darkness to their sound, which was nice. Some nice, powerful musical statements.

Impulse...caught them from the front sideline in Van Buren after our performance. The opening of the show had some power to it, that's for sure. Seemed like they were having a great time out there. I was under the stands, so I think I lost some of the sound, though. Not sure.

Memphis Sound...really sold the show. Of the two jazz themed shows I saw, this one agreed with me the most stylistically and in terms of energy.

Teal Sound...terrific drumline. My impression of the hornline was that they could use a little more power, but they had a good sound and they were pretty clean. Even though we met up with them at a bunch of shows, my impressions for their show are VERY limited, though. I'll have to wait for the dvds.

East Coast Jazz...I never got to actually see this show, but I bought the APD to get a chance to hear the whole thing. During the season, I usually only heard small bits and pieces (eg, amazing grace). They played their book really well...a great hornline. Stylistically, the show left me feeling flat but, again, just my personal preference. I do want to see the dvd, and get another angle.

Blue Stars...the only chance I got to hear them was on the field in Brockton, as we went to the gate. Sounded like there was some good writing, but that was really the only thing I can say because I didn't really see much.

Spartans...I marched contra with them, so I'm obviously biased. I can understand why some people didn't really get the show since it was an original composition. But, I honestly felt that the writing (musical, visual) were superb throughout all sections of the corps. I've never played or marched a more challenging musical and visual program.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not even going to try and be impartial

but tealsound was my faviorte show. we had the best hornline that our corps has ever had. and it was fun to play. and for the size of our hornline i felt we kept up their with the huge hornlines

but apart from that

my faviorte show was defiantly impulse. there was just so much energy that was put in their show you could just feel how much fun they were having.

I'm going to reply with my teal buddy and say impulse was my favorite show to watch. I didn't hurt that we had a lot of interaction with them on the 2/3 tour.

I would have liked to have been in the stands on "Finals" night to have seen our show at i believe its highest point.

~Greg

Teal Sound Euph '05

I was so blown away by the talent in division 2/3 and I really, enjoyed all the corps, there was not one corps I didn't like....that's the truth..

But the ones that I loved...were

Memphis Sound

Impulse

Oregon Crusaders

Teal Sound

Jersey Surf-what a great, great show..very entertaining..

Blue Stars