Corps Bashing

"I would like to see you say that to a corps members face! you wouldnt cuz you would get that negative attitude smacked off your face.

What do you mean by this?....I have been smacked in the face for telling what someone did not want to hear to their face since high school....the minute I stop is the minute I stop being an American.....nobody should have any fear of telling someone what they feel to their face....if they choose to show their lack of intelligence by smacking your face,...you win!! :P

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTMF...for anyone who isn't aware means Beat the ###### #######, in reference to ECJ. This appears to be corps bashing as well. In fact, the Spartans had this on their white board near their food truck for Finals Week. Dudes, I would call that corps bashing before I would say exercising one's opinion on a particular corps’ show is "bashing"

BTMF is something that an ECJ member loved to say to the spartans just like FTS the year before.. its funny how things like that turn around as a joke for the corps it was ment for.

just a thought.

EDITED FOR FILTER CIRCUMVENTION -KM

BTMF is something that an ECJ member loved to say to the spartans just like FTS the year before.. its funny how things like that turn around as a joke for the corps it was ment for.

just a thought.

That quote was more a remark on how Dudes chose to bash a corps in one thread, yet start a new thread asking why people must bash other corps. I was also pointing out that at a certain time, the corps itself, via the whiteboard, was bashing another corps. Yes, there are a few people in both organizations that take the "rivalry" up a notch and make it personal instead of using it as a tool to work hard and get better. In no way am I trying to bash the Spartans. I respect them because the "rivalry" made both teams work harder to and offer a better show in the long run. I am sorry for any disrespect that was taken in that post.

• 2 weeks later...

in the performing arts, critisism is something you grow to expect. Anyone has the right to express an opinion. People in here usually don't bash the corps but critique them. and that is what a review about. The judges tapes do the exact same thing. Also, as a rule a thumb, most of our posters usually find positives in the reviews as well.

• 4 months later...
Scott and anybody else who has ever heard the "I'll only march with a champion " line. Potential members who say that are NOT the kind of people anyone wants in their corps anyway. If the ONLY reason somebody joins a corps is for "the ring" then they have absolutely missed the point and think themselves a greater asset to your corps than they most likely would ever be. Aside from that it is an incredibly limiting demand to make of ones self considering that since it's conception there have been less than 10 corps to win in division l . More appropriatly that person is saying "I'm sorry I don't have the character to go to a "lesser" program and try to help develope it into something special so that others may benefit from my work somewhere down the line,I want it now ,for me, too bad for anybody who can't go where I can go. That's a shame but we did breed this attitude ourselves by focusing sooo much on getting the ring ,instead of being fun and educational. Don't misunderstand me I'm not one of those who thinks that losing is wonderful and that it's losing that builds character and it's all o.k if we all just have a chance to perform,I'm as competitive as the next guy,probably more. I just think that taking local kids and turning them in to something special is alot tougher and alot more satisfying than taking the best the country has to offer and letting them carry(by THEIR ability to perform) a show .

i plan on auditioning for vanguard but if i dont make it im going to try out for pioneer a corp thats never finished better than 16th i respect all these corps because they practice 8 hours a day for a 12 minute show

i plan on auditioning for vanguard but if i dont make it im going to try out for pioneer a corp thats never finished better than 16th i respect all these corps because they practice 8 hours a day for a 12 minute show

Bravo for your plans. :)

My first year my corps came in (a well deserved) dead last in DCA. Learned the hard way that it takes a #### of a lot of time, effort, sweat, etc, etc to put even a last place corps on the field. We took our lumps knowing it would pay off in the future.

• 1 month later...

why are you speaking out against people expressing their opinion?

if they didnt like the show, thats their business.

it doesnt mean it was a bad show of that the marchers in the corps are bad marchers and players, it means that one person, the person who gave the review, was disappointed because what the show offered was not quite wat he/she expected and wanted.

its not bashing

some people definately take it too far. saying "that show sucked" is not an opinion. THAT is bashing. merely saying something like "i was disappointed by this year's show, it was not quite what i expected" is an opinion and is not bashing

sorry for the typos, im not quite awake yet

-austin

Drum Corps Sucks!

Wow i really got you guys all fired up... all i ask is that you rephrase your statements and still... <**>

P.s. I was always taught to get my mouth shut by my director of my corps. That is what makes me have class and the bigger person. I can appreciate any show for waht they are attempting. I may not like it and they may "let me down" but i would never verbalize that. And stop talking about being PC. That aggrevates me.....this whole post aggrvates me... this thread has done nothing but anger me. You people on here squabling and such.

b**bs <--- my face of utter excitment

I've been reading through this whole thread.... and shaking my head. Do you have any idea how much you contradict yourself? And have you forgotten that this is a competitive / judged / critiqued idiom? Wow.