Best Uniforms

I liked the '89-91 Cavies a lot - meshed quite well with their corps ones.

1992, too, but you could add a host of other corps. White shirts and black vests just come off as classy, and look great on video.

I actually liked the '89/90 Phantom poofy sleeved outfits.

Also liked their '94 ones. Revealing without being revealing. Same could be said for the '02 Blue Knights.

Mike

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised that nobody's mentioned the old Blue Stars guard outfits from the 70's. ^0^

Hot pants all the way!

Of recent years, it's difficult to narrow it down. I really liked Phantom's costumes this year, and Cavaliers. I don't care how "Tron"-like they were, I was impressed by the effect during the ballad when the colors came together and played off each other. I also enjoyed Phantom 1996, 2000, and 2001; BD 1995-2000; SCV 2000; and too many more to name!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Although my all time favorite would be skirt/skort with boot, one of my favorite uniforms were the late 70's BAC rifle line, all black, pants tucked in boots, with a white Waldo on their top....the 2-7 rifle line loved that uniform so much (as well as that rifle line) that we bought the t-shirt that was all black with the white Waldo and we'd try to wear them together under our uniforms. Even though I've heard they despised us back during that time, it probably spilled over from the 60's - we loved them! Also loved their 2002 uni.

I also loved BD's guard in their 80 uniform, which was most likely their 79 uniform....just class....the last 2 years of BD grew on me and I ended up loving them.

I didn't really like many of what I call the bridesmaid era? But what came after such as the simple red Phantom uni, or the all black on SCV....both seem so classy - like the classic "little black dress"...you just can't lose.

Of course although I hate to admit it I did love the uniform I got to wear the 5 years I marched with 2-7, but with skirts, not pants, although with either I believe it puts such height on everyone. I am sad I never thought even in 94 to try the aussie hat on. Both of my sisters marched prior to the red jacket and both wore aussies, I just wished I had tried one on when I was younger....

I've always loved the cadet style uniforms, but also loved the Troopers' guard uniform in the 60's and early 70s.

There are probably so many I'm forgetting, there are just so many great ones!

Although my all time favorite would be skirt/skort with boot, one of my favorite uniforms were the late 70's BAC rifle line, all black, pants tucked in boots, with a white Waldo on their top....the 2-7 rifle line loved that uniform so much (as well as that rifle line) that we bought the t-shirt that was all black with the white Waldo and we'd try to wear them together under our uniforms. Even though I've heard they despised us back during that time, it probably spilled over from the 60's - we loved them! Also loved their 2002 uni.

I also loved BD's guard in their 80 uniform, which was most likely their 79 uniform....just class....the last 2 years of BD grew on me and I ended up loving them.

I loved both of these, too! And I also loved the look of Two-Seven's rifle uniform . . . but that busby must've weighed a ton! Seems to me you'd have to do neck exercises just to be able hold your head up while wearing it. :P

I agree with your comments about the "bridesmaid" uniforms. Simpler is better in so many instances, and I thought a lot of the bridesmaid dresses were just too ornate to work visually. And they also softened what had been such a tough, but classy, look. The lone exception to this, IMO, is what Phantom Regiment's guard wore in 1987. I adored that uniform, not just because it was an attractive design that went well with the corps' music and theme, but it was also added a gorgeous visual impact to the guard.

The busby was very uncomfortable and they didn't have a 6 1/2 size back then, I guess the people who came before me didn't have little heads, but in 94 they did order my size.

Anyway, for a few years my PCP used to do a thyroid test, she said I had the neck of a line backer and thought I had something wrong with my thyroid. I guess it shows up sometimes in the neck?

I used to keep CVS in my hat in 94. At one local show in 94 I was wearing someone elses, it fell off, from then on everyone said I had CVS in my hat. Bad enough the flag lines name for me during rehearsals was "Lipstick". When the hat came off I had British Red Coat Red Lipstick, lip balm, a lighter, a pack of cigarettes, a bunch of tissues, and a lot of bobby pins....and it wasn't all mine!

As far a "Lipstick" goes I always get the last laugh! It was tough in 94 looking 27 when I was 35, of course that was a while ago, but you know how "cats" can be sometimes?! ^0^ I know I'm very bad, but I had to say it....I couldn't help that I had only gained 6 pounds since 1980....

I know I'm very bad, but I had to say it....I couldn't help that I had only gained 6 pounds since 1980....

LOL! I salute you. I've gained--and lost--waaaay more than that since then.

Fav guard uniforms:

ANYTHING from 27th Lancers - Mad for the Plaid!

80 Blue Devils - Classy, split skirts with high boots. Always wanted a guard uniform like that!

88 Cadets - GORGEOUS and perfect for Appalachian Spring, plus they used the skirt constantly as an extra prop, flag, etc.