Your Chance to Name the new PHX Minicorps

I believe the effort to get a minicorps off the ground in Phoenix, Arizona has reached the launch sequence. We've got some great players on board, though more horns are needed, and some great support in getting a musical program together. To repeat from a previous post: The plan is to play a Tower of Power show, or Tower of Power-type show, taking some oldies like perhaps Squib Cakes mixed with some newer things like This Type of Funk, throw in a ballad such as Still a Young Man, and put it all together to make a nice 10 minute show. The exact repetoire will be finalized shortly. It will be a beat-crazy-motor-booty affair characterized by smokin' brass.

With the above description in mind, please suggest some names.......please. Our braintrust is not coming through on the name so we need your help.

Boom

p.s. Let me know if you're interested in being part of __________________ (?)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about

"Desert Funk"

"Desert Heat"

"P-H-X"

"Desert Brass"

"Dust Devils"

"110 Degrees of Funk"

"Night Heat"

or from your description above

"Somkin' Brass"

Whenever I think of Phoenix, I always think of landing there at midnight in july and it was 98 degrees outside. Tie in the desert and the heat and there will be no guessing that you are from Phoenix.

"110 Degrees of Funk"

:lolhit: :laugh: :spit: ^OO^

:lolhit: :laugh: :spit: ^OO^

I thought you were going to recommend your famous "trailblazers" name for them. b**bs

Edited by camel lips

Copper City Brass