1992 Cadets drum major Dave Roulier, 13 years later

This is a very old post but I was looking him up because I was watching the DCI Quarterfinals from 92 and the announcer Brandt Crocker said "Drum Majors Doug Rulay and Joanna Allen, is your corps ready?"

I marched Cadets that in 92 but I didn't remember that. I was probably pretty awestruck at quarters.

I think the Brandt got it right by finals but at semis he said "Dave Rulay" so he was closer.

Dave was a great guy and an incredible drum major. My first experience with him at the first rehearsal in the fall of 91, He called a bunch of us over to bring "cahts" (instruments carts) in from the truck. I was out there looking for sleeping cots.

I never saw this thread from before I was a DCPer.

Dave was among the 2 dozen who moved from Revere to New Jersey and whom George Bonfiglio deposited on my bus and ordered me, ever so directly to make sure they had a great summer or I would answer to him. Every one of them was an amazing person who fit into the corps beautifully and made all our summers wonderful and became amazing Cadets who returned for several seasons..

I remember missing Championships in Madison that summer because a burst appendix felled me at Marian Catholic while Cadets practiced there a few days before.. Even though the buses headed north without me, Dave had collected a signature from every member of the corps, but unfortunately gave the card to Hopkins to mail. I still await...

And I can still dream that if I had been there, those few ticks from first...

Glad to have read these posts which brought back great memories of Dave, his Revere friends, and some great Cadets tours. Thank you.

Edited by xandandl

I was David's sixth grade teacher. When he was in my class, I had been out of drum corps for many years (and I thought, forever), and learned that he was in a Lancers' feeder corps. In honesty, I must admit that our opinions about school and its relevancy differed quite a bit, but I was thrilled when I got back into drum corps in 1991 and saw in 1992 that he was the drum major of the Cadets. I am proud of his accomplishments.

• Like 1

I was David's sixth grade teacher. When he was in my class, I had been out of drum corps for many years (and I thought, forever), and learned that he was in a Lancers' feeder corps. In honesty, I must admit that our opinions about school and its relevancy differed quite a bit, but I was thrilled when I got back into drum corps in 1991 and saw in 1992 that he was the drum major of the Cadets. I am proud of his accomplishments.

Job well done, sir. From small acorns great oaks grow.........and never without the pruning, manure, and weeding. Thank you.