Why is it?

Scerpella

Threads open every day criticizing Bush. When the thread turns to criticizing Clinton. Blink, topic closed. Mods worry about threads degenerating now? If youre going to allow criticism of Bush (which I think you should) then criticism of Clinton should be treated the same way.

The thread about Bush's abuse of the military for media exposure was closed, I think, because Clinton is not Bush, and therefore the thread had gone pretty far off topic. Open a thread about Clinton if you're so bothered. Or open a thread about general abuses of the military by all presidents. I'm glad the mods try to keep threads on topic.

Mods worry about threads degenerating now?

moderators have always worried about that as well as acted on it. this is nothing new.

Wow. Did I just go back in time about a year?

Yeah it has been awhile since we had these issues. But it annoys me that after weeks of "Bush sucks" being the theme of thread after thread, it takes criticism of Clinton to make the Mod decide its time to close the thread. Somehow NOW it becomes unproductive?

The forum works better I think when the mods keep a very light touch.

moderators have always worried about that as well as acted on it. this is nothing new.

My complaint is the same as it was months ago, the timing sucks.

it isn't what is being said ~ it's where it's being said.

whether or not it is in reference to the topic of the thread is how i see it.

dragging Clinton into a thread about the Bush administration "just because" isn't really 1) a valid argument and 2) within the posted guidelines. it's just bad form IMO.

start a thread of your own about how much Clinton sucks/sucked. there's no need to respond to someone's opinion about Bush by tossing Clinton in their face. it doesn't add anything to the discussion at hand and is completely irrelevant.

just my opinion.

dragging Clinton into a thread about the Bush administration "just because" isn't really 1) a valid argument and 2) within the posted guidelines. it's just bad form IMO.

you put "just because" in quotes as though someone has actually used that as a reason Liz.

By and large most of these arguments boil down to one thing, Right vs. Left. We (both sides) are entitled to see if the standards applied to one side are equally applied to the other. We have waded through weeks of Bush sucks threads from the Left, criticizing him for things they never had a problem with when it was their guy. Its silly to say that Clinton is irrelevant because he's not in office because first of all his actions as President have a direct effect on what is happening today and second as Ive already noted, one has to see if the criticisms directed at Bush are about principle or partisanship, and the way to determine that is examining how the other side reacted when Clinton was doing IMO much worse things as President.

Which brings me to my complaint, why after having been subjected to Bush sucks after Bush sucks thread, does it only become non productive when the subject of the previous President is introduced.

I am vocal Bush supporter - but I see no bias here in this instance.

The thread had gone off topic. As others had said - if you want to discuss a particular aspect of the Clinton administration - open a thread regarding that.

Thanks for your feedback!

George