Old Senior Corps Pictures

OK, I have a cropped pic of the 1931 Herbert F Ackroyd AL Post 132 of Marlboro, MA. Pic is off the front page of a piece of piano sheet music I found on eBay. I don't have a home web page so if anyone wants a copy I can sent it to you. Just PM me with your address.

Also have a Conn instruments ad with a picture of the AL Post #27 Band of Harrisburg, PA (my home town). Ad is from the Sept 1929 issue of The Legion magazine. Will scan and send if anyone is interested.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great corps, lots of unbeleivable memories partying with the Imperial Knights. Any chance you have some Kawartha pictures from that show?

Your right,

AHH the memories.

Larry Callaghan

Kawartha Kavliers

1922boys.jpg

ABOVE: 1922 Photo of the Boys of 76. This photo was probably taken in the summer of 1922 before they adopted their nickel plated helmets as part of their uniform and before they won the first of their four consecutive American Legion National Championships in the fall of 1922.

I would like to thank Webmaster George Fennel for granting me permission to publish this wonderful picture. George maintains a website Honoring the Drum & Bugle Corps History of the City of Racine Wisconsin. I would highly recommend a visit.

Racine Corps Tribute Website

Anderson AL Post #318 Spitfires (Forestville, OH)

spitfires1954.jpg

Hamon-Gray AL Post #83 (LaPorte, IN)

55lancers.jpg

Becker-Chapman AL Post #138 (Waterloo, IA)

rockets57.jpg

Hamon-Gray AL Post #83 (LaPorte, IN)

55lancers.jpg

Top hat and tails???? Way too much!!! Thanks again bariforhire..

Top hat and tails???? Way too much!!! Thanks again bariforhire..

Hey if you guys are interested in really old drum corps, Bob Bellarosa-from the Skyliners, publishes a monthy magazine called "Drum Corps Heritage". It has photos and stories from drum corps in the '40s, '50s ''60s mostly. Its a great publication for us old guys! The website for the magazine is www.geocities.com/dcheritage. Bob's email is RJBell@aol.com. He also has some recordings available that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. On top of all that-Bob's a great guy and loves to talk about old drum corps. Some of the pics that have been in lately-Gladestone SAL Post #777- 1950, Dover Cadets, a great photo of Harvey from the Hurricanes guard, St. Anselm's from Bronx, Lt. Norman Prince VFW 1506 from 1955, Garbarina from 1952, Liberty Bell from Philadelphia, photos of Holy Name, Garbarina, Hamilton Post [Yankee Rebels], and Commonwealth Edison from the AL Nats in Philadelphia 1949! A while ago, he published 2 photos of Garbarina and Hawthorne from 1946 when the guys were just back from WWII and had service uniforms on instead drum corps uniforms. If you like this stuff-you HAVE to talk to Bob about a subscription!! By the way, he's not paying me to say this!!

Frederick W. Reilly American Legion Memorial Post #856 (Philadelphia, PA)

Frederick W. Reilly VFW post #7947

keyst.jpg

7 times national champions including winning both the American Legion and VFW National titles in 1952