Street Beat

In 1976 our two mallet players worked out the "Peanuts" tune and next thing you know the snare line came up with this battery thing and it was the best streat beat at that time. I do remember that we did "Louie Louie" in 1971 with the huge set of triples playing the "main theme."

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you mean linus and lucy? yeah me and another guy used to play that in Bluecoats pit in 1986.

We also had a warm up that year to rush's YYZ pit and battery.

Our bass line used to march back from sectionals in 1987 playing mary had a little lamb.

And I remember Sky ryders bass line used to play the green acres theme when the drum line was marching from sectionals to ensemble.

I loved you guys the year you did Porgy and Bess. Your bass line looked like they were having a #### of a good time.

I loved you guys the year you did Porgy and Bess. Your bass line looked like they were having a #### of a good time.
Why thank you we did! We had alot of noteables, to include Cavies, come to us and tell us that we rocked. I think '85 was our best year. The bass diddles on 'Jovaneis' our drum solo still give me goose bumps. That was all due to our awesome staff, all 2-7 and North Stah Alums.

We used a really cool arrangment of Steely Dan's "Bodhisatva" that our percussion arranger,Larry Lerch, came up with.

A couple of us were in a classroom after hours messing around on the tenors when I played a riff that sounded like the desert music from Super Mario Bros. 2. My buddy immediately went to the bass drums and started doing the bass line. We were digging how amazingly authentic it sounded when out PI walked in and said: "That's gotta be a streetbeat." We made it into one and used it in the next parade, where we heard a little kid say: "Mom! They're playing Nintendo!"

A couple of us were in a classroom after hours messing around on the tenors when I played a riff that sounded like the desert music from Super Mario Bros. 2. My buddy immediately went to the bass drums and started doing the bass line. We were digging how amazingly authentic it sounded when out PI walked in and said: "That's gotta be a streetbeat." We made it into one and used it in the next parade, where we heard a little kid say: "Mom! They're playing Nintendo!"

Glassmen's tenors in either 1989 or 1990 played super mario brothers as a streat beat also.

In 1976 our two mallet players worked out the "Peanuts" tune and next thing you know the snare line came up with this battery thing and it was the best streat beat at that time. I do remember that we did "Louie Louie" in 1971 with the huge set of triples playing the "main theme."

Seems to me "Linus and Lucy" was the Kilts drum solo in '76........:P

Seems to me "Linus and Lucy" was the Kilts drum solo in '76........:P

You are CORRECT sir!

Could that be why they failed to make finals? ^0^

Edited by mobrien