Street Beat

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you mean linus and lucy? yeah me and another guy used to play that in Bluecoats pit in 1986.

We also had a warm up that year to rush's YYZ pit and battery.

Our bass line used to march back from sectionals in 1987 playing mary had a little lamb.

And I remember Sky ryders bass line used to play the green acres theme when the drum line was marching from sectionals to ensemble.

Part of the street beat in 88 included the Green Acres theme song. I believe they used a variation of it in 89 as well.

Hey we played YYZ as a street beat in '85

i need to hear this, and the warm up

• 2 months later...

I seem to recollect the Devils bass drums doing "I Dream of Jeanie". Nice easy groove. B)

In 1977, the Blue Stars would come off the field playing...and holding ALL THE WAY OFF... a snare roll with a bass drum under it. My arms were killing me just watching it. Not very melodic, though! But very impressive to say the least.

I still (as mentioned several times by me in other posts) recall that Offensive Lions beat, where they sang some of it and jammed some of it. It was VERY cool. :laugh:

I really liked playing "Heliopolis" by Spyro-Gyra as our walking beat in Madison, early eighties. If anyone might have a recording of that I would greatly appreciate scoring a copy.

I really liked playing "Heliopolis" by Spyro-Gyra as our walking beat in Madison, early eighties. If anyone might have a recording of that I would greatly appreciate scoring a copy.

Seems to me that was our drum solo in '82 Cavies. :)

In 1977, the Blue Stars would come off the field playing...and holding ALL THE WAY OFF... a snare roll with a bass drum under it. My arms were killing me just watching it. Not very melodic, though! But very impressive to say the least.

I still (as mentioned several times by me in other posts) recall that Offensive Lions beat, where they sang some of it and jammed some of it. It was VERY cool. :laugh:

The bluecoats used to do that too in 1981 they would star the roll at the goal line and play the roll until they reached the back goal line on the other side.

This Cadence???

Cadence04.jpg

Z... you are amazing. :laugh:

Ok, so this is off topic, but I just had to add this. One of my best friends was a cymbal player in my hometown corps. I was a soprano player. We hung out all the time and he taught me the cymbal parts for our streatbeat and one day none of the cymbal players showed up for a parade so I marched cymbals. It was really different but fun.