$100 hypothetical bet #3

The Academy - to win  

134 members have voted

1. 1. The Academy will finish? (O/U p1.5D2)

• Win D2 in 2006
    • 2nd place or lower D2 in 2006

i don't understand why there's all the animosity towards east coast corps here. as far as i'm concerned, the marching members of a corps have no choice about where their corps tours or where finals is. and i know personally that ECJ was planning on making an early season cali tour in 05 but DCI decided against it.

and FWIW, mapquest says it's 1992 miles from Nashua, NH to Denver, CO and 2083 from Modesto, CA to Madison, WI... when you consider the amount a corps travels over the course of a season, i don't think that 91 miles really makes a difference.

certainly 2005 was an exception, but people complaining about east coast corps not packing it up and going out west? if you're going to consider madison "out east", i'm pretty sure that spartans and other east coast corps went "out west" in 04.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand why there's all the animosity towards east coast corps here. as far as i'm concerned, the marching members of a corps have no choice about where their corps tours or where finals is. and i know personally that ECJ was planning on making an early season cali tour in 05 but DCI decided against it.

and FWIW, mapquest says it's 1992 miles from Nashua, NH to Denver, CO and 2083 from Modesto, CA to Madison, WI... when you consider the amount a corps travels over the course of a season, i don't think that 91 miles really makes a difference.

certainly 2005 was an exception, but people complaining about east coast corps not packing it up and going out west? if you're going to consider madison "out east", i'm pretty sure that spartans and other east coast corps went "out west" in 04.

Then if last year was an acception. Then 2004 was an acception because finals havn't been that far out west for quite a long time.

Being a resident of the East Valley and living extremely close to Academy, it seems I have more faith in them than most. I know that Academy could kick it up and do extremely well this year. Also, I haven't seen anyone mention it so I'll let you guys know that Academy is going to finals this year so I'm assuming their tour will be longer. I'm not sure if they'd take 1st but they will be good competition.