Junior/Senior Corps Announcements discussion.

gdisney

I think some of you aren't understanding...

You can post your announcements in the General forum. However, there will be NO discussion of them in the General Forum. That's what the Clubhouse forums are for. Which is why we are suggesting you post it twice. That way, we can provide a speedy link for those people who wanna chit chat about it.

Its not that difficult, really.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just seems to make it more difficult to have general discussions about whatever but not a specific corps clubhouse . . . plus I'm not even sure what the clubhouses are . . . I don't think I've ever seen them on here. So we just have to surf around each clubhouse now to see whats going on other places instead of just clicking on the general thread? Seems like a lot of extra time to post and search now . . .

The issue is not about "finding stuff". It's about clogging up discussion forums with announcements.

Thanks.

I don't think I've ever seen them on here.

Lisa, please tell me that you do indeed see the Clubhouse forums. :)

so what is the discussion forum for then if not for discussing different corps shows, staff and over all drum corps stuff? review? nope that's somewhere else. corps history? nope that's somewhere else. hot dc babe? somewhere else. Please enlighten me as to what will be aloud to be discussed on the drum corps discussion forum. Thanks

The issue is not about "finding stuff". It's about clogging up discussion forums with announcements.

Thanks.

First you limit the number of threads that a corps is allowed. Fine, that works. Now you dont want any thing posted in an announcement thread that could be more information or just FUN ribbing that will keep the original announcement in front of people to help keep the word out.

So now we can post an announcement, then when it disappears in about four hours or within one day, then we will just have to post the announcement again. Oh wait, that goes against the original rule you had posted but have now changed because 5 people think it is better. I know this is your forum and you have full control over it, but this is a little silly.

Being a forum administrator and moderator for other forums, some very successful some not I would like to mention something to you. Forums that have too many "specialized boards" are not very successful. If you have to look in too many places to find information, it ends up not being worth it. The General Forum, no matter how long threads get, is easier to go through page by page than to have to try and search each and every individual "clubhouse" forum. Also, it has been my experience that a forum that is moderated with an iron fist, like you are begining to do here, doesn't stay very popular except to the hard core posters (no I did not intend corps).

This is your house and we come in as guests to post and have fun with other like minded people, so you set the rules. However I respectfully request you reconsider this latest decision.

Thank you.

Edited by MiniSopGuy

No one ever uses them because its just easier to keep everything general . . . sorry but I like to participate in other corps discussions sometimes . . .

Oh and as far as "finding stuff" If you can't find anything, whats the point of having any annoucements or dicussions at all?

It just seems alittle over the top to me . . .

If its not broken, why fix?

If the "general" forums are going to be annoucement only . . . wouldn't it make more sense to have an "annoucment" thread and let the general forums be . . . . general . . . ? I just don't get splitting all the corps information up.

Personally I use the "view new posts" button so I'll probably still see everything but I know alot of people don't do that.

Plus if only annoucements are going to be allowed to be posted and locked, you're going to have tons of new threads everytime there is an additional annoucement etc. Sometimes people will just tag on new info on a general thread. I'm cool with the limiting of threads . . I mean ok so we don't need 100 different open house threads for each corps obviously. But now making whoever post twice, have to start a new annoucement etc. Are you guys just wanting more work for everyone?

Edited by lisard5

I agree... I like reading the other discussions about the other corps, now I have to spend an extra 15 minutes just to load their clubhouses???

You guys must all have Cable and DSL, but look at the guys with dial-up .... if each page takes a minute to load... to look at 15 diff corps that I like to follow in their discussions, its going to take me 50% longer just to do that!

This (IMHO) is getting out of hand, because to my knowledge, most people tend to read other corps messages too, even the chit-chat that goes on.

I'd never seen the clubhouse forums until five minutes ago.

(My computer's "favorite" page is the discussion board, not the main index.)

Edited by wsssb

No one ever uses them because its just easier to keep everything general . . . sorry but I like to participate in other corps discussions sometimes . . .

I'm a little confused why this would keep anyone from "participate in other corps discussions"

Oh and as far as "finding stuff" If you can't find anything, whats the point of having any annoucements or dicussions at all?

Although I can appreciate your sentiments, the Clubhouse Forums have, and continue to be visible.

It just seems alittle over the top to me . . .

Thanks for your thoughts on this matter.

If its not broken, why fix?

Not broken for some.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one"