DCP for sale?

Eddie

I hope to GOD somebody like we all know doesn't want to buy this just for the sake of ruining it..I really hope this is reconsidered and taken off of the auction on ebay at least for now cause if someone buys it now, then all #### could break loose with our personal information and I know what I'd do in that case.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I don't know where the advice came to put this site up on ebay but with all the legal issues involved, I don't think that was such good advice.

DCP doesn't have a board of directors - it is privately owned - by me - and I have put it up for sale because I no longer have time to run the site and I want to find a buyer with enough resources to keep it going - financial in otherwords.

After four years it's time for me to move on.

And after everything that some of us have done to help promote this site and donate time and money and give personal information, that is all you have to say to us?

Also, I don't know where the advice came to put this site up on ebay but with all the legal issues involved, I don't think that was such good advice.

Sites are sold on eBay all the time - and there are no "legal" issues involved. I am selling the domain names - the db is held private and would remain that way - the privacy obligation would transfer to the new owner or owner group

Yeah without our permission of who has this information and what the new owners could do with it, and you're saying you didn't have enough time to "shop" this with people you know? You'd rather take the chance with someone that could be insane to run this? I bet I could find some "legal issues" involved, Just because it's done "all the time on ebay" doesn't make it right.

They've already busted people for selling fake jewerly on ebay, that was on the news last week.

I understand getting tired and wanting to retire but geez, this could've been done a little better then this.

Edited by Lancerlady

yes, but if someone who has no interest in what this site does buys for their own personal use? And you still have legal issues with any personal information stored in the databases... especially if the site gets sold to a 3rd party currently not affiliated with DCP or drumcorps at all. The owner can do anything htey want with it, and can even change the privacy statement if they so choose.

I understand where you stand George, but I'm worried :( I think there are better ways to go about this.

Edited by bari_benzo

I'm also concerned with the privacy issue here.

If the site is sold, does the database that run the forums go with it? If so, then there are going to be some huge legal issues here as the personal information (i.e. e-mail addresses) of 10,000+ users will be sold without the approval of each individual. So the database would have to be terminated upon completion of sale.

:(

If that's the case, then I hereby officially withold my permission from releasing my personal information until further notice.

DCP doesn't have a board of directors - it is privately owned - by me - and I have put it up for sale because I no longer have time to run the site and I want to find a buyer with enough resources to keep it going - financial in otherwords.

After four years it's time for me to move on.

Then I submit that it's time that DCP had a board of directors.

Or perhaps, stockholders.