DCP for sale?

Eddie

Yes I hereby formally state that I don't want my information to be "sold" to a bidder on ebay too.

What happened to the Board of directors? I thought that was decided already?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or perhaps, stockholders.

I was thinking the same thing.

i will also with hold all personal information that i have stored on this web site

I was thinking the same thing.

The stockholders would be part of the board who make decisions about the site.

George,

I understand that it's a problem for you to keep DCP running and that you want to be done with it as soon as you can, but I ask you this:

Think about what you're leaving behind, and think about what DCP could potentially become if this goes forward. Is it really in the best interest of the community that you created to simply sell the place off, lock stock and barrel, to some random person who you don't know at all? I think that DCP, its members, and its community will be better served by you establishing a board of directors to take over the operation of this website, rather than just giving it to the first person to hand you a lot of money.

The member database cannot become public or transferred under the terms of sale.

It wouldn't be about it becoming public, but more of about the new owner having access to them, and the freedom they would have to change the privacy statement at their own will to do with it what they please. That's what concerns me. Someone has to hold the password that allows access into the database, and upon completion of sale, you would become obligated to turn over any and all information into the operation of the site, including this password. Now if you were just selling the domain names and not the site itself, okay fine, but that's not what I'm reading on ebay.

that's not the point George