DCP for sale?

Eddie

George,

I understand that it's a problem for you to keep DCP running and that you want to be done with it as soon as you can, but I ask you this:

Think about what you're leaving behind, and think about what DCP could potentially become if this goes forward. Is it really in the best interest of the community that you created to simply sell the place off, lock stock and barrel, to some random person who you don't know at all? I think that DCP, its members, and its community will be better served by you establishing a board of directors to take over the operation of this website, rather than just giving it to the first person to hand you a lot of money.

It's actually my belief that what will happen over the next few days is one of two things:

1. a group of current dcp community members will join together and purchase the site as a group - and therefore have a vested interest in it's future

or

2. an individual of considerable resources will purchase the site and have the funds and interest level necessary to take the community to the next level

While the commercial "value" of DCP has been quoted to me in the five figures - I believe it's real value to the activity it serves is greater. Therefore it's my belief some drum corps nut - or group of nuts - will buy the site and take it to the next level.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually my belief that what will happen over the next few days is one of two things:

1. a group of current dcp community members will join together and purchase the site as a group - and therefore have a vested interest in it's future

While the commercial "value" of DCP has been quoted to me in the five figures - I believe it's real value to the activity it serves is greater. Therefore it's my belief some drum corps nut - or group of nuts - will buy the site and take it to the next level.

George,

I share that belief as well, but the way you've set this auction up could potentially jeopardize that because of the "instant purchase" option involved.

And furthermore, don't you think it would be better and more efficient to come out and SAY, "I'm looking for a group of members who want to come together and purchase this site," rather than just throw things to chance as you have? I'm sure that you'd agree, by the tone of many of the responses in this thread, that there are PLENTY of members who would be willing and/or able to step up; why not give US the chance first?

or

2. an individual of considerable resources will purchase the site and have the funds and interest level necessary to take the community to the next level

The person who buys the site can turn it into anything they want.

We might wanna start exchanging contact info right now folks.

Matt -

You're going to have to trust me that I've thought this through - all the while considering the best interest of the community, the activity and the site. I know that's a lot to ask but as the founder, caretaker and owner of this community for four years I hope I've earned the benefit of the doubt.

I've thought this through - this is the correct route to where we need to go.

why not give US the chance first?

I agree. Why wasn't the community given a chance first?

Can you explain that more, please?

You're going to have to trust me that I've thought this through - all the while considering the best interest of the community, the activity and the site. I know that's a lot to ask but as the founder, caretaker and owner of this community for four years I hope I've earned the benefit of the doubt.

I think the big thing is that its just all-of-the-sudden out of nowhere. It seems it wasn't discussed with anyone. Now suddenly we're 7 days away from a total change.

Or perhaps, stockholders.
I'm in for this, but we have to move fast to catch the buy it now bit. With the time deadline on that, I can go up to $200.

Total = $12,500.00

Per share Price.......Total Shares

$100............................125

$50.............................250

$25.............................500

This is doable.