DCP Sale Process A Success - Transition Period Begins

George

Perhaps a dumb question, but why would you post to both? I used to read RAMD religiously. Lately, if I bother at all, it's just to scan the topic names. There is simply too much spam and too many psychos. I'm not in the mood to go through 5 topics to find one which may be worthwhile, especially when that's probably covered over here.

DCP isn't a perfect solution but it seems to be much more condusive to an ready exchange of information.

So am I missing something over on RAMD?

I scan the topics also and sometimes (OK too many times) I end up not reading beacuse the topics don't sound interesting to me. Actually I do the same with DCP just that DCP has more topics to scan.

I stay with RAMD because there are some history type stuff that gets posted there and not here. When Nanci types in the old DCN articles and other people who marched from my time chime in I can usually pick up some new info.

Also I've met some of the people along the way and enjoy BS'ing with them on RAMD.

To me it's a question of learning to ignore the idiots and enjoying the good stuff.....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well some of us do have friendships with people there. i know both Jeff and i do. i'm sure others can say the same as well.

L

I also have friends there (RAMD).......

<waiting for the 06 season to start so we can get back to more DC subjects>

Tony B)

QUOTE(Phillygwm @ Dec 5 2005, 06:27 AM)

Perhaps a dumb question, but why would you post to both? I used to read RAMD religiously. Lately, if I bother at all, it's just to scan the topic names. There is simply too much spam and too many psychos. I'm not in the mood to go through 5 topics to find one which may be worthwhile, especially when that's probably covered over here.

DCP isn't a perfect solution but it seems to be much more condusive to an ready exchange of information.

So am I missing something over on RAMD?

I scan the topics also and sometimes (OK too many times) I end up not reading beacuse the topics don't sound interesting to me. Actually I do the same with DCP just that DCP has more topics to scan.

I stay with RAMD because there are some history type stuff that gets posted there and not here. When Nanci types in the old DCN articles and other people who marched from my time chime in I can usually pick up some new info.

Also I've met some of the people along the way and enjoy BS'ing with them on RAMD.

To me it's a question of learning to ignore the idiots and enjoying the good stuff.....

Jim and Jeff,

I would have to agree with both of you. I also read and post on RAND as well, also on Marlene's forum (dcot60sa70s) I know were not to promote the other forums. Just agreeing with you that there are many places to get the Drum Corps info if you look for it. (and where not to)

Tony B)

As one of the early members of DCP...

I can beat that. One of the first hundred members, right here. :)

George, you created what has become my favorite website. I try to stop by every day, to keep up on the chatter and to talk about the latest things on my mind, on-topic or off. Heck, I probably would have gotten better grades in college, if I hadn't skipped classes to keep up with a particularly hot topic. I've leared so much from this site, about drum corps history, about the people involved, and about shows that I never would have been exposed to if I hadn't heard about them here. This site has been invaluable to me, and I can't thank you enough.

Here's hoping that DCP continues to grow, and that everyone involved sticks around for many years to come. If the new buyers have your approval, and share your dedication and ideas, then I know we'll be in good hands.

Heck, I probably would have gotten better grades in college, if I hadn't skipped classes to keep up with a particularly hot topic.

b**bs

hey i had a company add DCP to the filtered list :P

hey i had a company add DCP to the filtered list :P
That fact does not surprise any of us, Mr. Post Whore.

/OT