Meals on tour

tran

Chili Dogs are always great...although not for lunch...only after shows b**bs :laugh:

~Marching is not recomended after chili dogs~

You mean your corps did not eat filet mignon, lobster, and et touffee like ours did?
Considering étouffée is 90% rice, it is not that expensive if done with andouille (spiced sausage prounced an-DUE-ee).

Tacos are awesome. You can do lots of stuff with tacos like taco salad and such. Chicken Patties are always great. We had this chicken, brocoli, and ziti stuff a couple times.....it was great.

We used to get taco salad for lunch. Then we used to RUN after lunch. ...... the run was moved to the morning. lol, I survived that but a lot of people didnt.

• 13 years later...

It's been 14 years and I'M BRINGING THIS ONE BACK!! 

My kid is marching in a smaller corps this year and I was defaulted  recruited into Chow Duty for 150. I would *love* some tried and true recipe ideas that we can bring into the fold. 

Who's worked the chuck wagons and can share some practical best practices and recipe ideas?? 

[goes back to lurking anticipating this request falls off, but hopes it picks up *cross fingers*]

Edited by LeftCoastCupcake

Well I haven't worked the chuck wagon but I've had many leftovers sent home with my kid after weekend camps. The last one wasn't bad at all: It was a big casserole of penne pasta and marinara with chopped breaded chicken in it (probably diced nuggets or patties). It was topped with melted cheese. It was kind of like eating chicken parm and lasagna but much simpler to make. I don't have a recipe but it seems like a no brainer throw together casserole.

• Like 1