"The field pass" audio on dci.org

ok, so I was on dci.org today and I noticed that there was a new audio, so being a spectator, I listened to it, the audio was misleading and was indeed WRONG.

It said that the Spartans were the division 2 champions, um, I do believe that the East Coast Jazz won the division 2 championship far and square, so I wrote them a letter asking them to change it.

I know there was a big mixup with grand finals and all, dci made a huge mistake in my opinion, on giving medals a day before grand finals, this was not good at all, for there was still one show left, grand finals, I'm not from the east , i'm from the midwest, but from what I can see, is the east coast jazz should be getting the credit for winning a division 2 championship!!

Good job East Coast!!

you guys should write dci a letter too about the audio on their site

Edited by w107mep

while this has certainly been discussed ad nauseum, it does bother me a little bit - but that's probably as a result of my biased perspective... sigh, i just wish they hadn't given out medals on thursday this year. it makes the win on saturday seem so much cheaper. oh well - i guess someone had to get the shaft in order for them to change the system... they should get it right next year.

I am not a member of either ECJ or the Spartans so I can't personally understand the frustration involved, but why continue to beat a dead horse? The issue, as frustrating as it is, has been discussed here so many times...

I know, someone is going to step in and say "don't read it if you don't want to hear about it", but to that I say use the search feature please. The confusion this summer was an unfortunate mishap, but it's time to move on - auditions camps for 2006 have already started. Both corps had an AMAZING show and both deserved to win (and in a way, they did), so why not just leave it at that? Let's remember 2005 as the strong year it was for Div. II/III instead of the drama involved with Finals Week.

Also, I could be mistaken, but aren't the Spartans the Division II Champions and isn't East Coast Jazz the Division II/III World Champions or something? I mean, technically the Spartans did win Divisional Finals so wouldn't that make the link on DCI.org labeling them as "Division II Champions" indeed correct? Like I said, I could be wrong, but that's how it appeared to me...

It's kinda sad that this issue comes up again on the very day that DCI.org has a Forzato picture featuring the two combined drumlines of ECJ and the Spartans... :ph34r:

12_05_2005_group.jpg

Congratulations to BOTH corps on a great season!

i understand what you're saying, and i agree with you, but at the same time you have to understand the frustration that occurs when you win the final show of the year, but are not considered the champion of your division. none of this is directed at spartans - i'm not saying that they took something away from us - they beat us fair and square on thursday night and deserved the medals they got. my problem is with the system DCI used which caused this mishap/PR disaster.

like i said, none of this is directed at the spartans organization. i respect them and their members greatly.

ECJ were the overall grand champions.

Spartans won the division 2 championship.

~>conner

yep... after listening to the audiio, He did say:

"D2 Divisonal Champs The Spartans"

"D3 Dvisional Champs The Raiders"

"Division 2 and 3 Grand Finals Champion East Coats Jazz"

Which are all correct.

~>conner

Which are all correct.

~>conner

I hadn't listened to the audio, nor do I plan to (dial-up sucks...I miss my DSL :( ), but if that is what in fact was said then I don't really see the purpose of this topic...again.

Also, Achilles, there WAS a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth. lol If you go back a few pages you can see the hundreds of posts about it from this summer...

Anyway, when are some more show announcements for Div. II/III going to happen??? B)

Which are all correct.

Sorry but that is not correct.

On Thursday..

D2 Divisional Finals Champs The Spartans

D3 Divisional Finals Champs The Raiders

On Saturday

D2 Grand Finals Champs The ECJ

D3 Grand Finals Champs The Raiders

they have since changed the mix-up. DCI already redid the schedule for finals week in D II/III.

And Grand Finals Champs as far as I know were East Coast Jazz, due to grand finals disregarding division between II and III