DVD's

Sorry ive been out of the loop lately. I know they said early December, and well...its early December! Has anyone gotten theirs yet or are they even shipping yet? I cant keep getting my hopes up everyday at work like this only to come home to no package on the door step :(

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you... every year I say I am going to be patient, but when you buy them for Christmas presents and they arrive a week after Christmas... it is very infuriating & forces me to go out and spend more money, so there are presents under the tree :drool:

I asked probably a day or two ago and they said they will come in 10 - 14 days. So I guess we'll all just be counting down then.

This is the message DCI sent me on Dec. 5th after I had inquired:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the 2005 Drum Corps International World Championships DVDs and CDs. The DVDs and Division II & III CDs are currently in production and scheduled for shipment within 10-14 days. Although we cannot guarantee Christmas delivery, we are doing all that we can to try to achieve that goal.

Upon availability of the product(s), your order will be processed, charged, and shipped via UPS Ground services for domestic addresses and U.S. Postal Service for international customers.

Diana

can anyone tell me why it is taking so long to produce these dvd's? I mean, this is the longest I can remember ever waiting on the DVD's if my memory serves me right, so shouldn't they be improving on their process rather than decreasing the speed in which they are produced?

They do a great job with them obviously... but having started another drum corps season and still not having the videos from early AUGUST to me is unacceptable.. just my opinion. With the price we are all paying for these products, I think the least they can do is hire more producers/editors, whatever...and get them out a little sooner.

on a side note...I never understood why it takes so long for the CD's to be produced either. not much editting needed for those... what gives?

Meh, as long as I know that they're going to be of excellent quality, I'll wait until the 2006 season arrives before I get my DVDs. No rush, just get it right. :)

word.

~>conner

I think the 2001 DVDs didn't come out until January of 2002....something about the lines on the turf at that stadium in Buffalo??? :laugh:

Wasn't there a problem with the first shipment of DVDs last year and then they had to replace those? I'd prefer them to get it right the first time around.

There was a problem last year with one of the discs but I can't remember if it was in the CD or in the DVD!! :laugh: