DCI Top 4

MikeN

Actually, doing it that way, Phantom had an ordinal of 12, BD had one of 13. There was one caption that BD took 3rd in which brought them to a 13.

Hmm....are we looking at the same recap? I'm looking at a recap from fromthepressbox.com...perhaps there is a mistake in it?

BD: VGE: 2/MGE: 2/ME: 3/VE: 1/BRASS: 2/PERC: 1/VIS. 2 = 13

PR: VGE: 1/MGE: 1/ME: 2/VE: 2/BRASS: 1/PERC: 3/VIS. 3 = 13

M

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, BD won. Anyone who hasnt won a finals on their own and ties with a previous champion loses by default, a previous nonwinner must be unquestionably better than anyone, perhaps even more than that, to be granted a title and let into the winners circle.

*Before asked, yes I am kidding ^0^ *

Don't blame my site--I made those recap numbers up!! b**bs

I just made it look like there was a tie that night :angry:

I say have overtime. Bring them both back out and redo their shows.

1982 DCM Finals did this:7/24/82 DCM Finals Run-Off

If that still produces a tie--best out of 5 Field Goal attempts from the 25 yard line. :mmm:

Go Ties Still Suck Devils,

Gregg

w/Stp:

Hmm....are we looking at the same recap? I'm looking at a recap from fromthepressbox.com...perhaps there is a mistake in it?

BD: VGE: 2/MGE: 2/ME: 3/VE: 1/BRASS: 2/PERC: 1/VIS. 2 = 13

PR: VGE: 1/MGE: 1/ME: 2/VE: 2/BRASS: 1/PERC: 3/VIS. 3 = 13

I got mine from Corpsreps.com....and you're absolutely right, I misread Phantoms percussion score and incorrectly assigned them 2nd in that caption.

Sounds like an answer to an IQ test question :ph34r:

Q. A train leaves Rockford going 97.4 miles per hour. At the same time, a train leaves Concord at exactly the same speed. Where do the trains have their head-on collision?

A. Orlando

:P

Garry

Q. A train leaves Rockford going 97.4 miles per hour. At the same time, a train leaves Concord at exactly the same speed. Where do the trains have their head-on collision?

The answer is Whitewater, summer of 1990, where both corps entered the field undefeated and got smoked by a Cavaliers corps that swept all captions. :)

- the last time a corps other than BD, SCV, Cadets, Phantom or Cavaliers was in the top 4 was 1995? (Madison Scouts - 4th)

- the last time a corps other than those five and the Scouts was in the top 4 was 1993? (Star of Indiana - 2nd)

- the last time a corps other than those five, Scouts and Star was in the top 4 - meaning a corps that won a championship - was 1981? (27th Lancers - 4th)

Mike

I'm honored we left our little mark and still have that record!