Honor Corps Patches

It was nice to see the sashes on each and every member while they performed and they do get to keep them as a memento but there is really nothing that they can outwardly wear all season. Is there any designers out there that could come up with a patch that would recognize these participants and their efforts at this prestigious event and incorparate it into the design for DCI to have a look at make very special as who knows this might be the only one that ever gets made. :)

I asked someone connected with the DCI Honor Corps if they'd considered creating a patch for the occasion, and it sounded like they had, but they were already over budget, so opted not to... at least that's the impression I got... I suggested they might create one, assuming they're in the best position to create one, and I thought the members would be willing to purchase one... I even suggested they create ONE honor corps patch that would remain the same year after year, and then sell a year patch separately... that could decrease the overall cost, if they could use the same design year after year. Perhaps if the honor corps members contact DCI with their thoughts, it could happen. Personally, I think having DCI behind it would be better than someone else out there designing one, or at least someone should get the blessing of DCI... who knows if they don't already have a mock-up of a design.

Oh COME ON!! How much could it cost to make a couople hundered patches? First you expect the kids to pay their own way (Which we did not do in Phoenix in 90) and then you cant even give them a patch??!! How much more over budget would this have put DCI? Perhaps $300??

I even suggested they create ONE honor corps patch that would remain the same year after year, and then sell a year patch separately... that could decrease the overall cost, if they could use the same design year after year.

I like that idea. I could get one for doing the 1st Honor Corps after the 89 season when we did the Fiesta Bowl Parade in AZ. Corps size was well over 250.

Oh COME ON!! How much could it cost to make a couople hundered patches? First you expect the kids to pay their own way (Which we did not do in Phoenix in 90) and then you cant even give them a patch??!! How much more over budget would this have put DCI? Perhaps $300??

Actually, the cost of having them made isn't the problem.. it's the logo setup and initial fees that makes it so cost prohibitive.

If you're willing to accept a less than stellar quality patch (maybe a screen printed patch, for example), then it's cheaper.. but the set up costs and limited sales opportunity would make an embroidered patch like this considerably expensive (each patch costing at least $10 -- and that's with no profit). The idea of having the same logoed patch for every year and just selling a year patch separately (which you can get anywhere so cheaply) is actually a very good one.. but that also assumes that the Honor Corps is something that's going to happen every year.. and I'm not sure that's been established yet.

Once it has.. if they decide to go that route, they could certainly offer it to kids from this year LATER.. and it would still be valid.

I would say, though.. the idea that DCI (or any corporation for that matter) an just throw $700 - $1000 around for something like this just because they're the company and hey.. they should just go ahead and go over budget.. is a little -- well.. IMO conceited.

Nothing personal, Cainan.. but if you were a CEO of a company (NOT DCI) and someone said to you, "hey.. it's just a couple hundred bucks over budget.. come on..." would you be willing to do that? Responsibly?? What other program do you have to cut that overbudget money out of?? Are you willing to give that up?

Seriously.. it may seem like just a little bit to you.. but it's really not.

:)

Stef

I like that idea. I could get one for doing the 1st Honor Corps after the 89 season when we did the Fiesta Bowl Parade in AZ. Corps size was well over 250.

um that wasn't the first year there was an all star corps.

I believe the first year was 1986 or 1987 and it was created by DCM. in 1988 we went down to the orange bowl parade and Florida Wave joined us. I believe in 1989 the DCM all star corps went to Arizona and some of the west coast corps joined them. in 1991 the DCM all star corps went to the macy's parade and some of the east coast DCI and DCA corps joined them. I believe 1991 was the last year for the DCM all star corps, and that this year was the 1st time an all star or honor corps was put together since then.

I believe 1991 was the last year for the DCM all star corps, and that this year was the 1st time an all star or honor corps was put together since then.

There were all-star corps' in 1992 and 1993 as well at the Macy's Parade. I was in the 1993 one.

There were all-star corps' in 1992 and 1993 as well at the Macy's Parade. I was in the 1993 one.

I thought it ended in 1991, but I was not involved with any corps in 92 or 93 so wasn't sure if it was still going on. thanks for the correction