Kingsmen Alumni?

GABA

The Kingsmen Alumni Corps have located, validated, and purchased 3 of their original 1972 tympani...right here in SoCal...

Mmmm...personally I think it's a great development!

Maybe even an omen... :)

Edited by GuyW

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kingsmen Alumni Corps have located, validated, and purchased 3 of their original 1972 tympani...right here in SoCal...

If you want more like them I've got 7. :)

• 5 weeks later...

The KINGSMEN AC will be doing a stand and blow show at the NAMM convention in Anaheim Saturday morning, January 21 at 9-9:30 in front of the Anaheim Convention Center. There are presently about 250 members signed up to perform that day.

Come see the KINGSMEN...it's all free....it's all good.

The KINGSMEN AC will be doing a stand and blow show at the NAMM convention in Anaheim Saturday morning, January 21 at 9-9:30 in front of the Anaheim Convention Center. There are presently about 250 members signed up to perform that day.

Come see the KINGSMEN...it's all free....it's all good.

I think the Namm gig is on the 20th Jan.

I think the Namm gig is on the 20th Jan.

You are correct. Paul sometimes has problems reading his calendar ^0^

• 2 months later...

Here's 2 of our 1972 tymps - restored to 1972 specs....a copper 25" and fiberglass 29"....painted by the original artiste...

tympsrestoredin9.jpg

Edited by GuyW

Here's 2 of our 1972 tymps - restored to 1972 specs....a copper 25" and fiberglass 29"....painted by the original artiste...

tympsrestoredin9.jpg

those are fricken ausome, last yr we tried to get some i guess we didnt look hard enough, from a person who just is getting over the feeling of being on the field agian have fun all the hard work was totally worth it. ps are you all using the b horns or are you staying true and using the gs?

jason

madison scouts-bari/euph

07 believer

those are fricken ausome, last yr we tried to get some i guess we didnt look hard enough, from a person who just is getting over the feeling of being on the field agian have fun all the hard work was totally worth it. ps are you all using the b horns or are you staying true and using the gs?

jason

madison scouts-bari/euph

07 believer

There's a small few using Bb's(not b's) but don't worry, none are holding down 3rd valves. :) There are many using p/r horns too.

I think Ludwig's catalogue is still showing some marching timps too, last time I looked at one at the music store I teach at. :)

• 2 months later...
Simply put, I won't be marching anywhere next year, thus a ticket is necessary! Dale was my instructor when I marched with the South San Francisco Conquistadors in '79 and '80. I ended up marching in BD's snareline in '81 and '82. Dale pushed chops and I give him credit for that! Houpt is the last name. Earl Brown marched with the Kingsmen, the Commodores, and the awesome '77 Freelancers snareline. I was privy to march with him last year in the Renegades.

It appears a correction is in order :laugh: You look AWESOME on the field Kelley. Can't wait to see you girls and guys on July 14th in Long Beach.

Edited by AnaheimAlumni

Someone please Pm me a definition of "Marching Tympany."

I have something to add to this...