Former Pioneer BoD Member, DCI Volunteer of the Year Arrested

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Well that dug up some memories... and not about Pioneer.

But man that comment from RB in the first post about being a good family man is deja vu all over again. Thinking of his comment this year about getting rid of a predator because that is what society expected. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well that dug up some memories... and not about Pioneer.

But man that comment from RB in the first post about being a good family man is deja vu all over again. Thinking of his comment this year about getting rid of a predator because that is what society expected. 

Evidently, he learned absolutely nothing from this first go round in 2005.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Evidently, he learned absolutely nothing from this first go round in 2005.  

Yeah if RB would have said "I think" or "he appears to be" but no straight to "he is". It's like charges like this are too small to even matter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah if RB would have said "I think" or "he appears to be" but no straight to "he is". It's like charges like this are too small to even matter.

I keep saying that it’s very difficult to change mindsets.  Here’s some real validation.

• Like 1

Not to belittle the subject but it was funny being reminded of Catherine's quirky writing style. 

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I keep saying that it’s very difficult to change mindsets.  Here’s some real validation.

Certainly in the case of people with narcissistic tendencies you're 100% correct Terri. They would view a change of mindset as being either weak or it would be an admission that they were wrong about something.  I get it in the case of GH as many people saw him as such an "innovator" that he got a pass on his bad behavior. I don't get it with RB. I can't for the life of me think of anything he "innovated." He wasn't even the first to successfully drive a corps directly into the ground. I truly feel bad for the kids, staff and volunteers who have tried to make a difference.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SFZFAN said:

Not to belittle the subject but it was funny being reminded of Catherine's quirky writing style. 

Had a distant relative who talked like Catherine at times. Thank goodness only at times but wished this person could have been forced to be evaluated. Bottom line was paranoia would kick in and more you would argue with her, the more she was convinced you were hiding something and lying. Better just to avoid discussion and wait for the mood swing.

And Catherine had a few hot button topics and abuse was one of them. Too bad she couldn't realize there were people on her side for that.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I had forgotten about this. 

I didn’t know about it at all.  I find it disturbing because my kid was in Cap Sound the year he was named volunteer of the year.  They were at show sites with Pioneer several times.  Seems to me there should have been some kind of discussion with parents after the fact. 

This man had access to children going back to when I marched in 1976 until 2005 when my kid marched.  

Wrap your head around that for a minute.