Former Pioneer BoD Member, DCI Volunteer of the Year Arrested

37 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I know it’s her but if you just read the newspaper articles...and they’re horrifying. This guy’s family knew he was a pervert and they said nothing about his being a volunteer.  

Family bring quiet is no surprise. Don’t ever underestimate the power of denial. This is a serious matter, no question, and yes, loved ones should take action, but there are so many dynamics at play. There was a horrific situation that happened in my area a few years back, the details I’ll spare, and the family knew the perpetrator was seriously disturbed, but his public persona was exemplary. The man committed suicide and after his death it was discovered with DNA evidence he raped at least six women. People who knew him were shocked, but to family members it was no shock. They assumed his actions at home would never happen outside the family. It defies logic, but sadly it happens. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

The problem was the delivery of her message killed the meaning

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better. 

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I know it’s her but if you just read the newspaper articles...and they’re horrifying. This guy’s family knew he was a pervert and they said nothing about his being a volunteer.  

oh I agree 1000%...looking back, i clearly didn't condone this then, as I do not now. nd I am not surprised in the least DCI didn't do anything about it. My post was more towards She who shall not be named. 

• Like 2