is it just me or was 2005 the most eclyptic (excuss the spelling it's late) in years. Every corps was truely unique in programing and each corps had a distintive sound.

1. Cadets brought us a very surreal program

2. Cavaliers not only had baseball motiffs but brought us a classic hyme and jazz

3. Phantom brought us fresh new arrangements of Gershwin

4. Blue Devils brought us different dance styles as well as a jam session at the end of the show

5. Bluecoats took us to the middle east

6. Scouts reworked a classic opera and through in some bernstein

7. Crown had religious overtones thoughout the angel show

8. Santa Clara brought back an old standard with RCM

9. Crudsaders brought us Bach and Bernstein with just a little Jazz

10. Blue Knights brought us mostly original composition

11. Glassmen reworked a classic symphony

12. Spirit took us to Broadway.

in 13 through 24 we saw classical, jazz, rock, contemporary

I think it's been a while since we have seen so much diversity.

i <3

xmen, spirit, scv, glassmen, bluuuuu, phantom, cavs and cadets my fav shows even tho thts like all of them

I think 05 is the most varied since 2002, yes.

~>conner

For me, 2005 was the best drum corps season to date. From top to bottom, every corps presented well-designed, well-executed programs; excellence was not limited to the top 3, top 6, top 12, or any other exclusive group of drum corps. Really fantastic, everyone involved deserves congratulations.

Also, Division III was the best it's been since the days of Mandarins, Phantom Legion, ECJ and Patriots IMO.

I agree that 2005 was a great season, not that I have the experience some of you have to judge from.

Not to be to pessimistic, but I would like to point out that there really were no good dark/modern shows like there has been in the past. THere were no shows like Cavies and BD 2000 or SCV 99-03. I will say SCV this year had a better show overall than 04, but it was a bit to classical for my tastes. I have only been listening to drum corps since 99 and since then I could always rely on SCV at least, to give a good modern, dark, and powerful show. And while this year was alright, 04 and 05 for div 1 in general has been lacking in that department. I have liked fewer of the div 1 shows every year since 02.

Edited by G-Cym

Well it's looking as though 2006 will be more suited to your tastes (mine too) :)

Not to be to pessimistic, but I would like to point out that there really were no good dark/modern shows like there has been in the past. THere were no shows like Cavies and BD 2000 or SCV 99-03. I will say SCV this year had a better show overall than 04, but it was a bit to classical for my tastes. I have only been listening to drum corps since 99 and since then I could always rely on SCV at least, to give a good modern, dark, and powerful show. And while this year was alright, 04 and 05 for div 1 in general has been lacking in that department. I have liked fewer of the div 1 shows every year since 02.

no modern shows? i think you should rephrase that....

SCV did not have a better show, not only was the show programming worse, the preformance was also.

I beg to differ. While the performance in 05 may have been worse in some respects, I find the 05 show to be vastly more entertaining that 04. Granted I don't think it comes close to anything in the 98-03 years. BUt compared to 04, it was much much more pleasing.